Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SSB - KPI Modeler is showing error message "ERROR_CANNOT_REACH_BACKEND"

Gairik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have installed SAP Smart business(ssb) Fiori applications. When we are trying to configure them using the KPI modeler, even if the KPI modeler is getting displayed but at the bottom of the page , it is showing "ERROR_CANNOT_REACH_BACKEND". In the chrome, if we analyze the url using the network tab, it is shoiwng that it is not not able to get data from one of the hana-live packages. What is missing here ? Please suggest .

Regards

Gairik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In KPI modeler on click of Add KPI after entering the odata path, unable to get the entity set and measure value (custom KPI).

Created xsodata and trying to consume in KPI.

Please help.

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nivetha,

KPI modeler which you are trying above is deprecated by SAP. Now, KPI modeler is collection of Tiles which is available in Fiori Launchpad. Try that

It comes with latest version of SAP UI.

KR,

~ MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the same issue on KPI Modeler. If any one has resolved this issue.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.

If i use icm/HTTP/redirect_<xx> parameter - 301 response.

To detect problem I switch off any security on hana in sap.hba (AnonConn) - but still have error

Any Ideas?

Who know Web Dispatcher parameters to redirect /sap/hba not only from client to server , but from server to client too with full response?

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If any one of you were able to solve the problem, request to please share how it was resolved....

cause we are also getting the issue "Cannot connect to backend" in KPI Modeler.

Thanks in advance

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Have you configured the SAP Web-Dispatcher? If Yes, is SAP Web Dispatcher able to connect to HANA XS Engine?

FYI: SAP Web Dispatcher is recommended (or I can say mandatory) for HANA/ KPI based Analytical/ SAP Smart Business Applications.

Note: Please check the F12 whilst running the KPI Modeler/ Fiori Launchpad. Red colored Entries are the Cause and might be you or us can guide you in right direction.

KR,

~ Mahendra

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

issue with WD setting - it is not redirecting / connecting to HANA-LIVE. When I replace the same string with (http://hostname:port) with that of HANALIVE then no 404 error comes

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried both ways –

(Case1 ) Older method - directly using KPI Modeler link  (it doesn't connect to backend-gives error)

(Case 2) Assigning KPI-MODELER Role to my UID and launching FIORI Launchpad - it asks for credentials. after accepting the credentials it loads the Catalog & tiles based on role.- it does show KPI-MODELER role, however all eight tiles show error (Chips error)

However in both case when I USE the 404-Not-found  “error-throwing-link” replacing the prefix with http://hostname:port [ that of HANA XS ] then it works and no 404-Not found error is not received.

In case of case 1 (KPI-modeler link) – it asks for UID/PWD (our system is not configured for SSO) & when I give HANA-LIVE (Xs Engine) UID/Pwd – it executes the Java-script.

In case of case2 (KPI-Modeler tile thru FIORI Launchpad) fetches the ODATA-Service.

------------------------------------------------

One Q : Do we need to call Launchpad from within the Web-Dispatcher ? If yes, then what’s the setting for that. Is there a link which I can share with my BASIS to do the needful.

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Old method (Case 1) is deprecated by SAP long back...... it won't work and if it- there are lots of bug in it which will result in other error and can cause trouble in later stages.

The new method (Case 2) i.e. to call the Fiori Launchpad (here, you need to call the FLP using Web Dispatcher URL; not the Gateway one). Please refer the below URL's which will help you to narrow down the issue,

Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Lib...

Defining Routing Rules for SAP Web Dispatcher and SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape ...

On a high level,

wdisp/system_2= SID=EXT, XSSRV=https://<HANAXSHOST>:<XSPRT>,SRCSRV=*:443, SRCURL=/sap/hba/;/sap/hana

Change per your business requirement and then Run the command as below,

C:\sapwebdisp>sapwebdisp.exe pf=sapwebdisp.pfl -checkconfig

If all Good then Start the Web Dispatcher Services else check the error's in Log and or on screen.

Hope this will help.

KR,

~ Mahendra

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gairik,

Any luck on the Error..... As I'm also getting the same Error. It will be really appreciable if you could let me know the resolution (if you found any)

Thanking you,

~ Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gairik,

I'm also getting same issue, can you please let me know how to resolve this issue..

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Gairik
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Abhishek and Mahendra

This error is coming because KPI modeler can not reach to HANA DB . There can be two reasons

1. You are not using Web Dispatcher ( WD ). Web Dispatcher is a mandatory component for hana smart business applications and WD routes the request to HANADB / frontend server depending on the url structure . once you install web dispatcher, check the KPI modeler url from web dispatcher.

Web dispatcher should be configured as per the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ssb/helpdata/en/5e/9d0c52bcc19b33e10000000a44538d/content.htm?frameset=/...

If web dispatcher is installed and configured correctly and still you are facing the issues, there can be HANA authorization issue

2. If you debug in Chrome ( right click-->Inspect Element->network tab ) , you should see that request to hana db ("/hba/xxx") failed with the authorization error ( 403 ) . The user may not have root/desired package level authorization. Please ask your HANA security guy to set up the proper authorization to access the hana live content .

Hopefully this will help you to fix the issues.

Regards

Gairik

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Garik,

I've done the same configuration in WebD and in Google Chrome, error is 404 Not Found for /sap/hba/xxx.

FYI, there is no error like 403 and I'm accessing the KPI Modeler URL from WebD only.

Any clue?

KR,

~ Mahendra

Gairik
Participant
0 Kudos

Please make sure that your HANA live packages are installed properly .

Gairik
Participant
0 Kudos

You can try one more thing. Open HANA STudio and try to access that package /sap/hba/xx. If you can not open/see that package, there must be some issues with the hana live installations.

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gairik,

I can see the packge but the one which is showing "404 Not Found" is not avaiable in the mentioned path like __token.xsjs and .xsodata........ I'v redeployed the package but no Luck, It is same as it was.

Just wondering on one part & i.e.,

All products

KPI Modeler 1.0 SPS01

SAP Smart Business component for KPI modeling 1.0

KPI Modeler for SAP SSB

• KPI Modeler S 100 (HCO_HBA_A_KPI_S)
  • KPI EXTENS1 S 100 (HCO_HBA_A_KPIE1_S)

I can see HCO_HBA_A_KPI_S but I cannot see HCO_HBA_A_KPIE1_S

Any clue on the same?

KR,

~ Mahendra

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gairik,

Could you please provide more detail about issue which you are facing, if possible please paste the screenshot of error,mean time please check

SAP Fiori App Types and Database Requirements - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP Library

BR

Atul

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the Error Screen Capture for KPI Modeler.