cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bw archiving ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ecc i have carried out the archiving for the archiving object sd_vbak ,there i have excluded some sales document by giving the sales document numbers in the write job  selection screen .And i am performing the archiving for the infocube 0sd_c03 by selecting the time-slice archiving option and in selection screen by providing the cal month and cal year.whenever,the control encounters the records which i excluded in ecc ,archiving job is getting terminated by giving an error " data area is not compressed fully" .i checked with the basis and they are saying that compression is done for the period.And Delta load is happening from ecc to bw system every day .please ,suggest a way out.

Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

What version of BW are you guys on? From BW 7.3 version onwards, the DAPs (Data Archiving Process) can be configured to ignore Compression. Please look at my screenshot below. Unfortunately this option is only available for all BW systems from 7.3 onwards. Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have compressed the data till 2013 ,and going on with archiving .but the problem i am facing is ,whenever the old record from the ecc system is coming in with the current delta to the bw ,The delta load stops .

because the record is archived in bw and open in ecc.how to solve this please,suggest.

Regards,

Krishna .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is troubling situtation in Archiving (always ).

Only solution is to recall the archived data for the specifc old record document.

Then load the open record document from ECC to BW.

Then agaoin archive the same.

Only way to stop is to inform the business to not post any document for old years.

Inspite of that also we might sometime get this error due to human mistakes (from business side).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Arpit

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In theory, you should not archive / nearline any data in BW that is still open (not archived / deleted) in ECC. As long as you have a record in ECC that can be changed / modified, this issue will exist. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you should  sync the residence times between ECC and BW. Using Nearline still gives you the option to report on the data, while archiving requires you to reload the data.

But since there is no tight synchronization you should take a longer residence time into consideration if you archive the data in BW.

Depending on the motivation for archiving in BW, I would recommend:

• reduce the online Size --> use the Near Line Store with a shorter residence time and report from the DB as well as the NLS
  • delete the data in BW -> use a secure residence ( allowing the process to complete in ERP) and then archive the data

Best Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the requests in the Infocube 0sd_c03 needs to be compressed before carrying out archiving in that cube.

Best Regards,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit ,

Thanks for the reply.i have seen your post http://scn.sap.com/thread/3241366  .the issue is ,we have to compress the data till date to do archiving .but,the cut-off date is 2009 itself .is there any workaround.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I need to know some more details. On what basis (fiscal period/ calmonth/ or any other time characteristics) is the data being archived in SAP BW cube.

Problem with SD documents is that there might be posting of the document from the old date in the recent load. In that case, the system won't allow you to perform archiving unless till date requests are compressed in the cube. We had also had similar kind of issue in QA system where we had to compress all the requests in the cube to archive the data in cube.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Based on the fiscal period and calmonth the data is being archived in the BW .

for 0SD_C03 and 0FIGL_O02  cubes ,the jobs are getting terminated with the same reason "Data area is not compressed fully".

Is there any workaround for this ,apart form compressing the till date requests in the cube .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There is no other way/workaround as per my experience on BW Archiving.

Please compress Cube completely and then try the archiving.

Best Regards,

Arpit