cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of explorer spaces from DEV to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried migrating webi, dashboards, univ and explorer spaces from one environment to other using LCM / Upgrade Management tool but i couldn't get an option of selecting the desired explorer spaces, even a complete migration is not helping, whereas other content is moved without any issue.

I read in some blogs and discussions that migration is not possible for explorer spaces or exploration view sets. Is it due to indexing ?

Can anyone help me out what is the root cause for this.

Thanks & Rgds

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Emanuel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you using accelerated Infospaces?  Accelerated Information Spaces could be promoted starting 4.0 Service Pack 1, but only if the Business Warehouse Accelerator (BWA) source is the same on the source and target systems. (see SAP NOTE 1633847 - Can LifeCycle Manager (LCM) promote Explorer Accelerated Information

Spaces?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to what Emmanuel said also check the Source Unavailable section in Manage Spaces to see if they are there. If so just change source once connection is set-up.

Emanuel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

you can transport explorer infospaces but not with the Upgrade Management Tool. Please use the LCM / Promotion Management Tool!

Please also refer to note: 1728629 - Users are not able to view promoted infospaces.

Regards

Emanuel