cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module CTCV_PREPARE_VALUES_TO_DISPLAY for checking the characteristic value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to check a value against the allowed characteristic values. For example, the characteristic SAP_EHS_1013_005_VALUE has one allowed value "> 0,0000 g/cm3". I've tried the function module CTCV_PREPARE_VALUES_TO_DISPLAY with his import parameter "WITH_CHECK" but it does not work. For the value 0 there must be an error but it isn't.

Is this FM suitable for my case?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christian

I believe FM is not the "best option". In any case check:

The SAP Fan Club Forums • View topic - FM to change characteristic values (CL24N) [RESOLVED...

CTCV_PREPARE_VALUES_TO_DISPLAY Display Format for Values - Function - ABAP - SAP

SAP Function CTCV_PREPARE_VALUES_TO_DISPLAY - Display Format for Values

What is the "real" buisiness demand?

a.) any characteristic having (like yours) having an type Numeric with UoM with some "check" (> 0,0; interval allowed) is hàndled by SAP standard

b.) Using CG02 you can enter what you would like to do so based on UOM. E.g. you are allowed kg/m3; so which type of check should be done? you can enter e.g. "nonsense" like: 1 - 1000 (so a "big" interval))

EHS has been improved a lot the last years. Before hand some exits are available. May be check:

Check e.g.

C1070001EHS: Additional checks for a char. value assignment instanceYes

In "modern" EHS you would may be check:

BAdI EHSS_SPEC_CHECKS and enhancements C1F20001, C1F20100

consolut - EHSS_SPEC_CHECKS - BAdI: Extended Checks for Specifications

Sample code for AT_SAVE_CHECK of BAdI EHSS_SPEC_CHECKS

BOMBOS: Documentation for BAdI EHSS_SPEC_CHECKS

EHSS_SPEC_CHECKS, saving of status changes

The EHSS_SPECX_CHECKS is now the "state of the art" option in EHS.

What is the business demand? What is "missing" in SAP standard?

C.B .