cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects Analysis 1.4 - Control does not support transparent background colors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have BusinessObjects 1.4 SP06 with Excel 2013 and I am trying to include a planning sequence (or function) in the workbook.

After including the planning sequence in the components tab, the properties are not displayed and if I try to select it again the system issues the following error message:

Control does not support transparent background colors

The image shows the error message and the components tab with no properties for the planning sequence.

The detailed error, from the log file, is the following:

com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.main.CrSession.ProcessUnhandledException() ()

- Critical: General .NET Exception:

Control does not support transparent background colors.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_BackColor(Color value)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.controls.structurepane.EaPlanObjectPropertiesControl.RefreshAccordingToTheme()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.controls.structurepane.EaPlanObjectPropertiesControl.Init()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.controls.structurepane.EaPlanObjectPropertiesControl..ctor()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.controls.structurepane.EaStructurePane.ControlCommandProcessor_ContextChanged(Object iSender, CoContextChangedEventArgs iEventArgs)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.common.commands.CoCommandProcessor.OnContextChanged(CoCommandContext iCommandContext)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.common.commands.CoCommandProcessor.CalculateContext(CoCommandContext iContext)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.commands.CrCommandProcessor.CalculateContext(List`1 iViews)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.controls.structurepane.EaStructureTreeDpControl.<OnAfterSelect>b__0()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.controls.main.CnSession.DoAmodalUserAction(UserActionDelegate iDelegate, CoUseWaitCursorEnum iWaitCursor)

I have re-installed BOA and installed the latest SP version, but without luck. Has anyone encountered this error? Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should solve with below note
Please follow
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2048482

Best Regards,

Subhash

traikoff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

This note is about MS Office 2003.

The exception appeared again in Excel 2013.

Regards,

Boris

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

from note Symptom it should solve the exception

"Control does not support transparent background colors".

if it is the same exception i assume it  should resolve in 2013 as well.

Pleae wait for note(hopefully should release with 1.4 SP9) and check again

Regards,

Subhash

traikoff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

We are using the latest available version 1.4.8 and we have the same issue.

I opened incident to SAP and the provided response is that the correction will be delivered with Analysis for Office 1.4 SP9 release.

Kind regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I had the same issue, but after the Upgrade of the BO Server to 4.1 this error disappeared.

If you need further information, i could try and collect them at our Basis team.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

traikoff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately we don't have BI Platform installation yet.

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Best Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

did you find a solution for this issue? I am facing the same problem. Under Office 2007 my workbook with included Planning sequences did run without any issue, since i have my new workstation with new Office 2013 32bit i get the same error as you get.

Hope you will have some input for me.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Are you using Excel 32 or 64 bits?

Regards,

Diego.