cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access ABAP tables using NWDS Java Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am planning to write a program to autmatically update is_url entries in sxmb_admin using a Java program.

Is there a way we can access the ABAP tables using standalone Java Code? would it something like dblookup that we use in the mappings?

Your Thoughts....

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky - Interesting..Seems like you are trying to automate every single thing

However you can make use of Jco to connect to ABAP tables..

Check the below thread..

I assume the table name is "SXMSCONFVLV" which you might have to update but not sure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two production Pi systems. Some interfaces run on one system and the rest on the other. However during outages on one of the pI system we do have to swtich all the interfaces active on one to the other so that their is no impact to the business. Now in general it takes about 4 hrs approx to switch the interfaces manually. using the automated tool we will be able to swtich the interfaces from one system to the other with a couple of clicks (sender channels and is_url entries). i am thinking the effort would be down to 10 mins. But lets see as I make progress. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

Would the process differ if i want to access java tables like bc_msg using a standalone Java program?

Thanks

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need a Jco to access the java tables.

Refer to the below blog -

Java For Complete Beginners - Connecting to a Database Table

Answers (0)