Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG issue - removing transaction codes from menu and not clearing up the authorization tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m using SAP ERP version ECC6 and EHP5 and also we have updated our system with the PSCD FI module.

I’m having the following issue in PFCG transaction code - I have created a new single role by copied other or from scratch and added few  transaction codes into the menu.  After that, I went in the authorization tab using the "Change Authorization Data" and I felled all the missing information until the role was green out.  I generated the role then I totally went out.  I come back to the same role that I created earlier and I did removed all the transaction codes from the menu and I did find the following:

- the Authorization tab light didn't change from green to red

- I went into the Authorization tab by "Change Authorization Data" and a part of the objects were still in.

Normally behave should be:

- when we remove one transaction code from the menu the light from Authorization tab should change from green to red.  When you empty the menu then the light color should change also, but the authorization tab should be also empty.

Could please give me some idea how to do it next?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

Most of the times standard roles contains manually added authorization objects. When ever you are creating a new role by copying the existing standard role so by default, these objects will come in to new role.

Now, coming to your role. After removing t code from role if nothing has changed in Authorization tab means.

Here are the possible reasons.

1.  The t code which you have removed might not have any checked and maintained authorization objects, that's why your Authorization tab still in unchanged.

2. Rememeber, when ever you are adding or removing t code from menu always use expert mode for profile generation option along with "Read old status and merge with new data" Option.

This will bring the all checked and maintained data for each t code.

3. After removing the t codes from menu and if you generate the Authorization tab by using expert mode option still if you find authorization objects means, those are manually added authorization objects that's why those were not removed.

I hope this will give some clue to your issue.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you for your time to replay me back.

After making any change to the menu by removing/adding transaction codes from/ito the menu in the role nothing has changed in Authorization tab - the light isn't changed from greem to red when I removed/added transaction code from/into the menu.

I have the same issue with the new single role that I didn't manually add any authorization object - the new single role I just generate it with full authorization in the objects are coming up from SU24.

Thank you,

Gabriela

0 Kudos

Gabriela,

The transaction code that you are removing, is it a Z tcode ? does it have any auth object associated with it (USOBT_C entries). If the transaction code you are removing has no object associated with it, then that may be a reason there is no change in authorization tab.

Regards,
Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Hello Gabriela,

please apply SAP note 1861076

Does the problem exist afterwards still?

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.