cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Analysis "Show Connections" option inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While trying to open a workbook or a datasource in SAP BO Analysis for Excel, I am trying to locate SAP systems which are not included in my local "SAP logon". Though, the option of "Local System" in the show connections option of SBO Analysis is my only option as the dropbox is inactive.

According to the User Guide, all other options (All/System/Cube/Infoprovider/Query/Query View) which are included in the "Connections" section are referring to Business Objects Enterprise which is not my case.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using web based INI and while accessing through advance analyzer we are not able to see list of all sap systems in the sap log on pad. We are getting blank window as you see in below screen shot. Where local system is disabled, please guide me here to unable the all sap system in log on pad.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mithun.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mithun - Thorsten already answered this

If you can't have the .INI read locally, you can go to the BI platform and ask your BI Admin to create OLAP connections for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Already I have seen Thorsten answer but my concern is different. Every time asking to admin to create an OLAP connection this process is time consuming, thats why am asking is there another way to unable sap log on pad in analysis, so that I can easily access sap system and directly play with existing BW reports in analysis.

Regards,

Mithun

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a separate thread for this instead of adding to an existing one. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitros

are you connected to the BOE platform?
Only if you are connected this selection box will be enabled...

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

My purpose is to connect to SAP systems which are not located in my local SAP logon, so the BOE options are not of interest.

My question is if there is any chance to "get" these systems somehow. Probably the only way is to update my local SAP logon with these systems but this is a bit difficult to happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is no chance

the only two ways is to maintain them in your SAP logon or on your platform

Regards