Did you mean: 

read values from planning auth only in auth variable

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we want to use 2 types of authorization objects / values

• planning authorization for limited number of projects
  • reporting authorization for all projects.

Planning and reporting should be possible on each multi provider.

Now we would like to use an authorization variable in a plan query filter.

Unfortunatly the system reads all projects into the variable - since those are authorized by the reporting authorization object.

I there a way to limit the auth read to the the planning auth - so in my case the limited number of projects?

regards

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create two Analysis authorisation(RSECADMIN),  one for plan and another for report. In plan Analysis authorisation restrict only for plan Project and for Report Analysis authorisation give full authorisation. Assign plan authorisation to plan user so that in the filter he can have limited number of Project.

Thanks,

Anand Kumar

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

this is exactly what we did already, but since the user has both authorizations - planning and reporting - the auth variable reads all projects.

regards

Cornelia

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a attribute for Project. Update the attribute with value 'plan'  for  limited number of Project. Use the attribute as  authorisation on Navigation Attribute. Go through the following link : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7052dee3-bce5-2d10-5299-cd5d00ebe...

Regards,

Anand Kumar

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

this would still produce the same problem, because again I would give auth in planning auth object to some projects, but for reporting for all projects.

I decided on separating it by different multi providers.

If I use a separate multi only for reporting and limit the rep-auth to this multi, and I create seperate multis for planning limiting the plan-auth to these multis, the auth-variable works.

it would be nioce, to have a setting when defining the auth-variable so that we can choose which values for which activity should be read (in my case activity 02).

thanks for your replies.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Cornelia:

You can use a DIFFERENT variable in the planning Sequence Filter and bind it by whatever user exit variable or whatever values from the WAD. On our project my WAD is using an Auth variable that executes the planning grid query. But I have user exit variables that can limit data that I pass on to the planning Sequence filter..

Let me know if this can help your situation...

-Regards

Kiran

Answers (0)