SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in negative budgeting - strange rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during an FMBB postings the system block the insert of en ENTER document for the negative row in some cases.

Seems that there is a block on 10k€, independently from the budget availability (that is already negative).

I've tried to check all the rules, but the only "budgeting" rule (that it is not active) is about the redisual budget not negative (this is not the case). This rule is set in FMCCA.

I checked that depending on the Derivation strategy, the error is shown or not (for example, for no-error derivation strategy).

The message is a standard:

Annual budget exceeded by 10.000,00 EUR (FM PB Availability Control) for document item 000001 .....

Where else I can check for this rule?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard AVC error. You are trying to reduce the budget by posting a negative amount at certain budget address. The consumable budget of the corresponding control object will be reduced to not enough to cover the consumed budget. That is why you get that AVC error. You can run BUDCON report to see your current Consumable Budget, Consumed Budget and Available Budget.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard AVC error. You are trying to reduce the budget by posting a negative amount at certain budget address. The consumable budget of the corresponding control object will be reduced to not enough to cover the consumed budget. That is why you get that AVC error. You can run BUDCON report to see your current Consumable Budget, Consumed Budget and Available Budget.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

This is not correct.

I can post 50 times reducing document each one of 1.000 and no error appears. But I cannot post a unique document for more than 10.000€

0 Kudos

I would first run FMAVCREINIT to rebuild the ledger. After that run BUDCON to check how much budget has exceeded for the control object in concern. That would be the start point for the test.