cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Class or Characteristics as non-editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to setup a class or characteristics as display only. I have few class/characteristics that will be updated by an external interface and SAP user should not see the characteristics in editable mode. Please let me know if you have set this without custom code. Thanks

Thanks

PS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pugazendhi Shanmugam,

As users don't have access to class, you just need to restrict characteristic as not ready for input .

as shown in below screen shot and it will solve your problem.

Now you can update values through background but not directly., same like referance characterstic.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the update. But this is a SAP given characterisitics and field is not enabled for update. Do you have any other way to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the Characteristcs created from an API as non-editable, create them with the Authorization object for the Characteristics (Refer the authorization object: C_CABN_GRP). almost all APIs of Variant configuartions have the authorization fields mentioned.

So, when you publish the characteristics with a specific authorization, only the authorized endusers can edit..

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pugazendhi,

Can you please tell me what SAP Characteristics are you referring ? Are these the batch ones ? or any other sap give characteristics ?

Thanks

Amber