cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution by Reference Data - Why filter should not include target values set?

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is around the use of the planning function, type Distribute by reference data, in a planning sequence.

I realise that the filter used in the planning sequence should not include the values for the fields to be changed !

For example:-

I want to distribute Sales of 100 USD for Category-Womens(A10), to SubCategories Women-Top(A11), Women-Bottoms(A12), Wowen-Jeans(A13) using reference data which is available on the lowest granural level.

Version CategorySub CategorySales
Plan DataA10#100
Ref DataA10A11300
Ref DataA10A12200
Ref DataA10A13400
Ref DataA10A14100

Using the filter settings I want to restrict the data distribution to only A11, A12 and A13.

The problem is that when I mentioned the the SubCategory values in the filter, then the distribution function does not work. It works fine when I run it with restricting SubCategory values in the filter.

Filter restricts the data that needs to be changed, Thus, I do not understand why the planning sequence won't work.

(I cannot restrict the SubCategory Values inthe Planning function directly, because Sub Category is set a field to be changed).

Regards,

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you set in the filter only A11-A13? Then the "From" value is missing.

You need to add also the # to the filter.

otherwise it should work. If not - is there a message? What is the info about data records read / changed ...

regards

Cornelia