cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-filled component at assembly point when ITEM_VERIFY is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set-up the BOM for ITEM_VERIFY assembly data type for a concrete component. After getting to the assembly point (CT500) through the POD, the component name is already entered in the input field. Can I somehow force the system to leave it empty so the user must enter the value?

I did not found any option for this behaviour - either in CT500 rules, nor in POD maintenance.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Andrej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrej,

That sounds strange because on my side after clicking Assembly button in POD, Component List plug-in is displayed where neither row is selected and thus Assemble Components plug-in shows all fields empty. Then I click on some row in Component List plug-in, and this populates data to Assemble Components plug-in.

Please check Activity Rules of CT500. On my side I have ASSEMBLY_MODE = CHOOSE which might be the case.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

thats fine - I have the same behaviour. But after selecting the component in the list, all of the input fields get populated. But I would expect to be the Component input field of the Assembly Data (located on the right side in the default setting) to be empty. Because then the user only clicks on assembly and then on the button add without needing to put any data in. As I said, I would expect the POD to pupulate the component information on the left side, but not also populate the component input field of the assembly data (right side), because this should do the user manually/barcode.

Or is this the standard behaviour and I can not change it?

Regards,

Andrej

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you want to say that in Assemble Components plugin, left section "Component Details" and right section "Assembly Data" have "Component" field; and both fields get populated with the same value.

What is the reason for having those fields different? From my point of view, it is quite logical to have same values in both sections, and thus it is quite logical to populate them automatically (that is actually a purpose of SAP ME).

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Viewpoint of an Worker, I would suppose that the left side is populated by ME and on the right side the worker scans an barcode and gets an error, if he/she scanned the wrong item.

For sure it is the purpose of ME to populate fields, but from the viewpoint of the POD and the Werker - the item he is physically assembling will not be verified. I would just expect a rule like "automaticaly populate" or something like this. If the Worker could scan the item number by barcode and the system would tell him if the component is the right one, this would be very helpful.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, that's not possible.

In this case, instead of clicking a row in Component List plugin, I guess you should use "Find Component" and "Barcode" fields of Assemble Components plugin, and your worker should scan the component into those fields and that should trigger component selection.