cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does refreshing a report in the EPM Add-In need to edit the Ownership Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP BPC 10 NW SP03 and EPM Add-In 10 SP16.  The underlying database is currently SQL.  Some of our users are getting an error when trying to refresh reports created in the EPM Add-In against only the Consolidation model.  This is the error message:

Access Denied

Server message:

code: UJ0_EXCEPTION_128
severity: error
description: You do not have authorization to perform task ( Task Name: Edit Ownership Manager )
log id: 051MZZgk7jEjex31AOMq5W
METHOD_NAME:
OBJECT_ID:
TASK_NAME:Edit Ownership Manager

-----------------

Framework message:
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

If I log in to the connection from their computer, we can refresh the reports just fine, so this appears to be specific to their authentication.  I have them set to only be able to read information from BPC and not edit or modify or write back to BPC.

Can someone please explain to me:

1.  Why the Ownership Manager needs to be modified at all, when simply refreshing data in a report with what already exists in BPC?

2.  What security setting(s) needs to be modified to allow the users to refresh the reports?

Let me know if you need add'l info from me in order to answer these questions.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Your issue is described in SAP Note  2332878.

Please have a look at it.

Regards,

Noura

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yes, searching notes is very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Noura.  I've requested this note to be applied and will test, then.

Thank you, Vadim.  I checked notes, about 10 days, ago, but I did not see anything.  I might have been searching for the error message at the top of this thread.  For whatever reason, I could not find this.  I also ran into this issue, as the thread indicates, but in 2014, but I could not find an answer then, either.

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue!

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied the OSS note to our DEV instance, today, and while re-creating the scenario that caused issues in PROD, below is what I receive.

The user profile does not have the ability to edit the ownership manager, but the user does have the ability to use reports and to submit data.  I see a very subtle change in the error message.  It used to say that the task to perform was to Edit Ownership Manager.  Now, it says View Ownership Manager:

One or more errors occurred.

The execution of report Default Report failed. Please contact your administrator.

Access Denied

Server message:

code: UJ0_EXCEPTION_128

severity: error

description: You do not have authorization to perform task ( Task Name: View Ownership Manager )

log id: 051Mac4F7jQTZemvJ17Xb0

METHOD_NAME:

OBJECT_ID:

TASK_NAME:View Ownership Manager

-----------------

Framework message:

The HTTP request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'.

Is this what I should expect?  Do I need to modify our security task profile?  Should anyone who needs to refresh an existing report with data have "View Ownership Manager" in their task profile?

Jeff

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Do I need to modify our security task profile?  Should anyone who needs to refresh an existing report with data have "View Ownership Manager" in their task profile?" - Yes

P.S. Just look on the ABAP code of the correction instruction in this note...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgive me for asking this, as I had a hard time finding good information regarding how to properly configure the task profiles for Consolidations data (or any data, for that matter).  Should I go ahead and give View Ownership Manager rights in all task profiles where users need to see reports on consolidated data?

Are there instances where I would NOT want to do this?  In other words, does this create risks?

Thank you, again, Vadim!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Should I go ahead and give View Ownership Manager rights in all task profiles where users need to see reports on consolidated data?" - yes

"Are there instances where I would NOT want to do this?" - no idea, full security setup and customer requirements has to be analyzed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When looking in SU53, the authorization failures are related to:

P0081Run Consolidation Tasks
P0082View Ownership Manager
P0083Edit Ownership Manager

I cannot figure out why refreshing a report in the EPM Add-In should require the above rights.  I get possibly the View Ownership Manager, but not the other two.

One other thing I've noticed is that this pertains to reports that have the Scope and Entity as nested rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you find any solution of this problem? We are faced with the same situation, but in our case we do not have authorization to perform task P0097 and P0099.

These problems are relevant until  the data that we want to see in the report included in the request with yellow status. Once the request is closed - automatically when there is a sufficient number of entries or for another reason, the report refreshed correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

I never did find a solution, and I am experiencing this, again, with a different user.  Were you able to figure something out?

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not running SAP BPC 10.1 on BW 7.4 on HANA 91, I believe.  The user is using EPM 10.0 SP 20 .NET 3.5 - Build 8993.  We have also tested EPM 10.0 SP 23 Patch 2 .NET 4, with the same results.

Looking at SU53, I see no errors for this current instance of the similar situation.  What I have determined is that if the report does not include the eliminations in the audit trail, the user can refresh the report with no problems.  As soon as the eliminations are included in the audit trail, the report errors out.

If I give the user Consolidation capabilities in SAP BPC, then the user has no problems.

Why does simply updating a report on consolidated data require the need to update the Ownership Manager?  I would expect that refreshing a report is simply pulling the data that already exists in SAP BPC and does not need to edit any data in the backend.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Thank you.

Jeff

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I think you have 2 options:

1. Debug in abap what is really going on

2. Contact SAP support

Vadim