Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to publish/deploy from NWDS

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to publish/deploy a web service (.ear) from NWDS. The version I am using is NWDS 7.3 SP10

SAP AS Java window has been configured:

In NWA SOA the Service Registry has been configured and port 5004 is accessible.

When I try to deploy the .ear from NWDS it gives an error saying the system given in SAP AS Java (above screenshot) is not responding, when I know the system is up and running:

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2014-03-28 11:01:44.189

!MESSAGE Error during deployment      [Error: com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SapDeployer  Thread[Thread-10,5,main]]

!STACK 0

com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.deploy.DeploymentException: System Z99 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager.deploy(DeployThreadManager.java:267)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.SDMManager.deployArchives(SDMManager.java:194)

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SapDeployer.deployArchives(SapDeployer.java:46)

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SAPPublisher$DeployRunnable.run(SAPPublisher.java:453)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:678)

------------- Nested exception -------------------

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: System Z99 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getCurrentServerInfo(DeployerPlugin.java:94)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:246)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager.deploy(DeployThreadManager.java:259)

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SapDeployer.deployArchives(SapDeployer.java:46)

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SAPPublisher$DeployRunnable.run(SAPPublisher.java:453)

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.wtpserver 4 0 2014-03-28 11:01:44.438

!MESSAGE Error during deployment

!STACK 1

com.sap.ide.wtpserver.SAPServerException: Error during deployment: System Z99 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SapDeployer.handleDeploymentException(SapDeployer.java:75)

at com.sap.ide.wtpserver.engineadapter.SapDeployer.deployArchives(SapDeployer.java:48)

Caused by: com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.deploy.DeploymentException: System Z99 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager.deploy(DeployThreadManager.java:267)

... 2 more

!SUBENTRY 1 com.sap.ide.wtpserver 4 0 2014-03-28 11:01:44.438

!MESSAGE Error during deployment: System Z99 not responding.

!STACK 0

com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.deploy.DeploymentException: System Z99 not responding.

------------- Nested exception -------------------

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: System Z99 not responding.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getCurrentServerInfo(DeployerPlugin.java:94)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:246)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager.deploy(DeployThreadManager.java:259)

Is it possible to get a more detailed log of the error from somewhere?

Any help appreciated.

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

you mentioned NWDS 730 while the error is about SDM (which is not available as of 710; Deploy Controller is used as of 710).

Therefore the system where you attempt to deploy seems to be a system lower than 710 (i.e. 70X).

Could you please clarify this first? Are you attempting to deploy to a 70X system using NWDS 730 (this is not supported). How exactly are you deploying ? Centrally via NWDI (this case the runtime system config is used, not the AS Java setup in your NWDS), or you attempt to deploy directly (right click on the project -- deploy ; this case the AS Java setup in NWDS is considered) ?

If you use SDM port 5xx18 is used, if you use deploy controller, than port 5xx04 is considered (you wrote 5004 but I assume you meant 50004).

I believe the SOA config is not relevant from the error's point of view. This seems to be a pure deployment related issue.

What is the release and SP of Z99 ?

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Here are the release details for NWDS and Z99:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3 SP10 PAT0002

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

please answer how exactly you are deploying. See my previous post.

Thank you and Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ervin,

Sorry I missed that...

I am deploying using right click on .ear-> Run As -> Run On Server

Thanks

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

can you tell me more about the project type you created?

Did you create a Development Component? If yes, what kind of DC(s) did you use?

You need to wrap the project in question into another one (EAR project) which is then allowed to be deployed via ("Run on Server" OR via "Development Component -- Deploy...").

Best Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for persisting with me.

1) In Java view: Created a Java Project of type EJB. This creates an EJB, Client and EAR project

2) In ESR view: Went to the Service Interface and right click -> Generate JavaBean Skeleton -> Develop -> Apply WSDL without Customizations

3) In Java view: Select the generated EAR project and right click -> Run As -> Run on Server -> select server from existing list (only one) -> Finish

It then tries to publish: "Publishing to Z99... 0%"

Resulting in the error System Z99 not responding

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that shall work too, I also just re-created the same and I could deploy it.

I think the problem is rather here accessing the deployer somehow.
To prove this, could you please try this quick test too?

Create a new project (let it be a Development Component , and inside that a webdynpro java DC. Choose LocalDevelopment node and Mycomponents later on).

Once it is created you get into the wd java perspective. Right click on the created project's "Application" node, say create application, and then without doing any modification right click again the created application node and trigger "Deploy and Run". I believe this will fail also with the same problem.

By the way, if we are lucky we can see more details in the ".log" file of the ".metadata" folder of the NWDS workspace. From server side point of view check the latest deploy.<x>.trc file available in the "work" folder of the central instance of Z99.

In the meantime I make some futher research whether I find some similar issue in our database.
Normally I would say that the Z99 is simply not completely up and running, but you said it is.
Eventually if it is not a big effort you can make an attempt after restarting the server.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By the way, the .log file can be retrieved this way too:

NWDS Menu -- Help -- Support Information --> follow the wizard, this will create a zip file SupportInfo.zip.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please also execute this on Z99:

/usr/sap/Z99/<central instance>/exe>sapcontrol -nr <instance_number> -function GetAccessPointList

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I followed the steps and as you suspected got the same deployment error:

I am waiting for results of GetAccessPointList execution.

Thanks

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ok, please also send me the supportinfo (see above), and the results of a server restart whether that improves on the situation. I learnt that in many cases the P4 protocol is not properly configured on server side, but I believe that case we should have a slightly different error. Anyway, we will see that from the sapcontrol trace (getaccesspointlist). I also think that there is no problem with the accessing of the server else you could not even add it in AS Java config of NWDS. Eventually you could also make an attempt to remove it from NWDS and add Z99 again.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

GetAccessPointList returned 401 unauthorized:

Could this significant to the problem?

Thanks

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this might be relevant.

please check the whether the profile uses the following parameter:

service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT

If this is SDEFAULT change it to DEFAULT, restart the server, and then make an attempt to deploy again, once the engine is up and running.

This could be a reason for the observed behavior.

For more information, see SAP Notes 1834579  and 1439348 and 927637.

Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

How do I send you the supportInfo.zip? Please let me know.

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you can attach it as you can also attach pictures and text files. If you can't attach a zip, I am sure you can attach the .log (you can find inside the zip).
If not, then nevermind, rather check the protectedwebmethods issue, and if that does not work we can come back to the supportinfo. But maybe it won't be necessary if the previously made suggestion works.

Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

See log attached it is not very big. The first few errors are for the Web Dynpro deploy and the remainder are for a deploy of the web service .ear

The supportInfo.zip also contains a very large .xml file but I have not attached that.

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

I don't see any plus info in the log that'd help, therefore please proceed as previously described.

Regards,
Ervin

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The SDEFAULT change will happen early next week and I will post results then. Thanks for all your help and have a great weekend!

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ok, thank you, keep me posted. 😉

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Morning Ervin,

Some good news the SDEFAULT parameter change has got me past the "System not responding" error and I am now able to deploy the service. It requested an Admin password but I think that is normal.

My next step is to use SOA (Single Service Administration) to configure the endpoints and then I should be able to publish the wsdl.

Thanks

Che

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the request for admin pass is normal, this is also described in one of the note I sent previously.

Regarding the SOA related question please make sure you post it in the forum

Regards,
Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

see also this blog that clarifies how to deal with the versions in a development scenario.