Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a requirement where we have to add new field in location tab of transaction IE01.

0 Kudos

We have a requirement where we have to add new field in location tab of transaction IE01.

I tried to search for screen exit and BADI but all are relataed to create additional tab but our requirement is to create new field "time access" that will have dropdown, in location tab.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Not sure that there i a possibility of adding fields in standard tabs. Make be you can try only with additional tab.

Regards,

Madhu.

15 REPLIES 15

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Not sure that there i a possibility of adding fields in standard tabs. Make be you can try only with additional tab.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

This is purely Functional Activity of PM configuration. I am herewith giving the full procedure.

Go to SPRO this part of Plant maintenance section.

Select the line highlighted on the right and click on the Activity and layout of views on the left.

In the Location line on the right, add value 097 as shown.

Save Work.

Now Create a Characteristic named ZFIELD through Tcode CT04. (picture)

Now Create a Class ( Tcode CL02 , Class Type 002 ) named say TEST and include the above Characteristic (ZFIELD) in the Char tab.  (picture)

Now:

Create run Tcode IE01. Click on the Cass Overview button on the top and assign the class TEST created just now.

Click Back arrow, come back to Header  tab and Go to Location Tab. Here you will find your additional field ZFILED.

See this picture:

Hope this helps you.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks for your response. As I am from technical side, I have forwarded your response to our functional person. She is looking on it.

One more question we have to add same field in IW31 transaction (Same location tab) also so that data from IE01 field(newly added) should flow to IW31 field(newly added).

Will addition of same field in IW31 transaction (Same location tab) be in same way?

0 Kudos

No this can not come as it is.

What to do to have it needs some research. (Functional + Technical)

If I get some clue I'll get back to you.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

There is only one  possibility to add custom fields to the standard tabs is request to Basis People to 'Get the Access Key' to make the changes. If not you need to create a new tab and insert the new fields in that new tab.

Thanks,

Siva

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also a customer-exit, enhancement ITOB0001 "PM: Customer include subscreen for techn. obj. master data"  read its documentation

This customer enhancement enables you to enter additional master data for technical objects such as equipment, serial numbers, and functional locations...

You could also find (with scn/sap search tool) a sample at Enhancement to support multiple warranties per Equipment/Additional data tab in IE01/02/03.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond,

I recollect this after a long gap.

Yes using this exit we can add subscreens to Equipment Master (Technical alternative to Functinal solution given above).

Perhaps in this case we will be able to solve the later part of the Query.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

It's correct but it will create new additional tab. our requirement to add field in existing tab i.e Location.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

As I have replied to Raymond, I will explain the procedure.

1. create a ZZ field.

2. Inclue this field in the include CI_EQUI if EQUI table.

3. Create the screen Exit through ITOB0001 enhancement.

4. Create a Subscreen to have a Textfield and Input field for this Zfield. (For input field you need to refer as EQUI-ZZfield.

The above are just a guideline from my faded memories.

The part of having it in Location tab, I do not have answer now.

Functional people need to search for this.

If time permits I'll come back.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks for your valuable input.

If you find any thing please let me know. I am also working on same.

0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

I have rewound my previous work. After the steps given above, I wrote 4 lines code in the 1st Function Exit given in the enhancement ITOB0001.

The difference in SPRO is just to have value 150 in place of 097 in the 3rd picture of my 1st reply.

So you've got the user field in the Location Tab similar to the 1st solution.

..... But here too we do not get this in IW31.(This would remain unanswered for the time-being)

I'd prefer the second method of having a Z-field to my Equipment Master because:

Here this field will be a part of EQUI table. You can have it easily into reports. So I'll share the code I wrote in the Exit.EXIT_SAPLITO0_001 (include ZXTOBU01 )

TABLES: ITOB.

E_SUBSCREEN_NUMBER = '1001'.
I_OBJECT_TYPE = '02'.
I_ACTIVITY_TYPE = '3'.
ITOB-ZZPONO = I_DATA_EQUI-ZZPONO.

Note:

1.The screen no. I used is 1001,

2. ZZPONO is the Z-field I have created and included in the include CI_EQUI of the EQUI table.

I feel, have completely described the 2nd option too.

Best of Luck

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara,

Your inputs are really helpful. To flow data from IE01 to IW31 comes under technical side, that part i'll take care, I'll have to do some implicit enhancements in both the tcodes.

0 Kudos

OK Preeti,

One more thing.

There are Two F/Exits in ITOB0001 where I have given code for the 1st one.

The following is the code written in the 2nd Exit (include ZXTOBU02)

E_UPDATE_DATA_EQ-ZZPONO = ITOB-ZZPONO.

E_UPDATE_FLAGS_EQ-ZZPONO = 'X'.

Best of Luck

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rao,

Can you advice me on how you derived the value 97 to place your 'custom field' in 'location' tab.

I have a similar requirement to add a custom field in transaction IQ02 and IQ03. Can this be also done via solely via configuration(SPRO) or technical help will be needed.

Thanks,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Finally we achieved our requirement by combination of functional + technical effort.

By enhancement 'ITOB0001'  I created subscreen with required field later this subscreen was added to location tab by configuration explained by Jogeswara.