cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total No of pages different in report printed using Crystal Report XI R2 vs SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (File Version 13.8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently in our application, we are using Crystal Report XI R2 for generating the reports. We are in the process of upgrading the Crystal Report to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (File Version 13.8). I updated that on my machine and all the reports work fine. I didn't have to modify any of the reports.

However when comparing the reports, we found that there are few reports on which the total no. of pages differ from the report displayed using Crystal Report XI R2 vs SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (File Version 13.8). Comparing the reports, it looks all the data that were fit on one page earlier with version XI R2 doesn't fit on the same page with version 13.8, thereby increasing the page counts.

The fonts, page margins everything set on report itself. Nothing being set in the code.

Both the application is using the same report that is pulling the data from the same database. Our application is a web application.

Any suggestion, why this is happening.

Thanks.

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion?

Except for Crystal Report version, nothing has been changed. Everything same. Report getting data from same database. However for some reports, total no. of pages is different when report generated using Crystal Report XI R2 from report generated using Crystal Report to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.

Should changing the CR engine make the difference to the existing report?

Please suggest.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what is being compared here?

CRXI R2 designer to CRVS?

CR XI R2 in some version of .NET to CRVS?

CR XI R2 using RDC SDK to CRVS?

Also, is this happening on your development computer or after you deploy?

If you compare the the "Page setup" options dialog between reports that work and those that do not work, do you see any difference?

Is this a web or a win app?

Are you seeing the same issue when viewing and exporting - say export to PDF?

What is the printer driver used and it's version?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for the reply.

Ours is a a web app using Crystal Reports XI R2 .NET 2005 Server.

We are upgrading our application to 64 bit and hence we are in the process of upgrading crystal report to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (64 bit).

When I compile the application and view the reports, the reports are fine. However in the case of few reports, total no. of pages doesn't match.

I am comparing between the report when opened from the application using CR XI R2 vs from the application using SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for MS VS.

We have not made any changes to the report itself and both application are opening the same report. The only difference between these two are they are same application using different version of Crystal Report.

This is happening on my development machine.

Page Setup options are same when opening the report from any of the application.

We see the same issue whether we are viewing the report or we are exporting to pdf.

Thanks,

Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

Would you be able to attach the CR XI R2 version report here - with saved data? (Rename the rpt to txt, then do a reply, hit the "Use advanced editor" link and attach there.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Attached RevListwithXIR2.txt is the saved report when using CR XI R2

RevListwithCRVS.txt is the saved report when using Crystal Reports, developer version for MS VS

If you see, the label Document No is displayed in two lines in one report while it shows in one line in another report.

Thanks,

-Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

I took both reports and ran them in the CR 2013 designer and both showed me that the report has 19 pages.

I then ran the reports in a win app and again, both reports had 19 pages.

Finally I then ran the reports in a web app and again, both reports had 19 pages.

So a question; if you run the same RevListwithXIR2.rpt you attached here in your app (e.g. with saved data) do you get 19 pages? RevListwithCRVS.rpt?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I get 19 pages with RevListwithXIR2.rpt (i.e. using CR XI R2 in our app) whereas 17 pages with RevListwithCRVS.rpt.(i.e using SAP Crystal Report developer version for MS VS).

Just to clarify, while saving the rpt with data, I saved with those two different names. RevListwithXIR2.rpt is when our app is using CR XI R2 and RevListwithCRVS is when our app is using SAP Crystal Report dev version for MS Visual Studio.

However it is the same report that has been used both time.

Thanks,

Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Understood. The fact that it works on my computer and not on your computer leads us to printer drivers as this is the only thing I can think of that would cause the diff. What printer driver are you using and what is it's version?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I am using Samsung SCX-8030 8040 Series printer and it's version is 3.11.31.00:37

I even used the different printer and still total pages shows the same 19 vs 17.

If i export the report to pdf, then also the total no. of pages are same 19 vs 17.

Thanks,

-Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than printer drivers, the only difference I see is that you are using SP 8 for CRVS, I am using SP 9. See if updating will help:

Re. printer driver. Looking for Samsung SCX-8030, I see that the latest update is version 3.11.76.00:39. That is a bit newer than what you are using, so do update the driver - irrespective of other drivers, etc.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Even after updating to SP 9 for CRVS, it still shows the 17 pages for RevListwithCRVS.rpt.

However if I open the same rpt file (RevListWithCRVS.rpt) using standalone SAP Crystal Report 2013 Viewer or Crystal Reports XI, it shows total no. of pages as 19.

So it seems the issue happens only when the report is viewed from within the application. We are using CrystalReportViewer class for viewing the report. When the referenced version for CrystalDecisions.Web in code is 13.0.2000.0, the report shows 17 pages.

Whereas when CrystalDecisions.Web version is 11.5.3700.0, the same report shows 19 pages.

Thanks,

-Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please re-read my post from today. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry I didn't get which post you are referring to. I didn't see any post from you around 8:34 am today.

In case if you are referring about the post where you have suggested to update the printer driver, I have asked the concerned person at our office to do that since it is the shared printer and I am not authorized to do so.

Thanks,

-Sanjay

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. Let's see what the updated driver does.

Answers (0)