cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project PR Remaining Value Closure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the standard SAP solution, if I raise a Service Purchase Requisition (Activity) against my project for e.g. £1000 then create a Purchase Order for £500 using this Purchase Requisition, I am then not able to a) use the Purchase Requisition a second time and b) change the value of the Purchase Requisition to match £500 which was used on the PO.

This causes a problem because I wish later to use the remaining £500 to create another Purchase Requisition (Activity) for a different service. Thus this would not take me over my budget.

Is there a way in which to close out the remaining £500 left on the PR which cannot be used a second time and cannot be reduced so as to make this value available to the project to be put into a new PR, thus not taking the overall multiple PR total to £1500

Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. I will have a look at the configuration steps as detailed by Raju and will come back if this doesn't appear to do what I'm after.

Many thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

We have got the same problem previously  and i had done same what i mentioned it  is working good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thank you again for this information. It does appear to allow us to change the PR value. Do you know if there is a way in which it can be somewhat still restricted so that a user cannot change the PR value to a value which is lower than the PO created from the PR?

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

We had activated a user exit which will not allow the user  to change the Pr quantiy less then the quantity orderd in Po with the help of ABAPER

Regards

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The value of P.R will be able to change deffenetly sam once you convert the message into W from error  please find the screen shots

Regards

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit is  EXIT_SAPLCOMK_014 once you activate this with your techincal team help  PR cannot be changed less then the PO value

Regards

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, I will look into this a bit further with our technical team.

Sam

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks again for your help previously. Our technical team have been looking at this and found that switching on the user exit didn't stop the PR value from being lowered to a value less than the value of the PO. Are there particular steps that need to be undertaken to achieve this?

So far we have the error changed to a warning which helps, but we do wish to see the PR value blocked from being altered to a value less than the PO it was converted to.

As previously, any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murphy,

As i said earlier my programer used a user exit through which whenever you try to change the quantity to lower then the Po in P.R system will through a error i will ask my techincal team for the user exit and i will let you know

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we do same thing for value based commitment. I mean I need to reduce the remaining commitment value to zero and only show actual cost equals to PO and PR.

example

Project PR   1000

Service PO  1000

SES 400

MIRO 400

sets final invoice in PO

can we change the Project PR and po value to 400 only without creating another ses with final entry.\

thanks

Saqib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saqib,

I believe that this is possible. The solution we have implemented in my system enables the PR to be altered to match the PO (or total value of multiple POs raised from one PR). It forces the user to amend the PR value only to that total PO value, so in your example, the PR can only be amended to match 400. You then do not create a new PR for the remaining 600 and then this disappears from your plan version 0 (active version) cost against your project.

Thanks

Sam

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the following steps:

1.Set 'Delivery Completed' and 'Final Invoice' indicator in PO.

2.Set the 'Final Entry' flag in SES(Service entry sheet).

3. Change the PR commitment for 1000 to 500.

4. Run CJEN followed by CJBN.

5. Create new PR for the retrieved amount.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know, the option is if you could De-release your PO & PR. After this the amount and quantity will become editable and then reduce the quantity and amount.

Otherwise you can go for solution given by Raju.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  SAm,

Your problem can be solved by doing  the following steps

Spro-Materials managment-Purchasing-Environment data-Define Atributes of System messages in that Version 00 Application SE  No 721 Requisition already converted into Purchase Order & & convert this message to W from E  once you do this your project PR for service in CN 22 or CJ 20N   can be editable from display mode there you can  change Your Pr quantity to the actual consumed quantiyt and you can add same acivity for remaining quantity

Regards

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,    

you need to change the message settings in purchase msgs PR is already converted into PO

from error to warning once you change this you will be able to change the quantity or price in service

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

PR which are created from PS can be utilized only once.

I has also faced the same problem and had raised OSS,but there was no solution as ...

as per business logic,PS is best used for project planning,so plan the requirement of material in such a way that the PR are created only for required quantity at required time.

so if you want the quantity of 1000 or amount of 1000 in bifurcated form then create two services of different values instead of one as per requirement date.

hope this shall solve your querry.