cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have permissions to edit the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my mobile user is getting error "You do not have permission to edit the document" when opening a mobile webi document on her iPad. However, the same report opens without any issues when she views it from the launch pad. She has the same access set to both launch pad and SAP BO mobile application, Category and the folder that contains this Webi document.

If I assign the same webi as a pdf to Mobile category, user is able to open it. Can someone suggest me what access is missing here.

Just for testing, I have also given Full Control but the error still doesn't seem to go. When I assign this user to Admin group, she can view the mobile webi report.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to go to CMC and set  up the security in the category, you must assign full access or edit document or even both.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

it seems there might be some issues with access rights, which are trying to block the access for user.

check rights on categories, webi report, SAP BO mobile application.

As you mentioned, adding it to admin works, this shows that when the user is not in admin, there is a particular right that is negating the user to edit reports.

have you altered everyone group rights for the SAP BO Mobile application?

May be you can remove that user or group and try to add it or reconfigure it for

SAP BO mobile

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your assistance.

Issue resolved after granting access to "Reporting - enable formatting" to my user group under the Web Intelligence Application section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know!

Regards,

Atul b