cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Pointless SCN Space

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of awesome SCN spaces, but there are 173 separate spaces, so some of them have got to be... lacking in purpose. I'd like to nominate as the most pointless space. Here's why.

- Mark Yolton (who left SAP 6 months ago) is the 12 month leader

- 3 pieces of content (1 per month!) in 2014

- It's a Space about Gamification on the SAP Community Network!

What is your #1 most pointless space?

#HUMOR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most pointless space... if Julius gets his wish, ALL of them!

Yes, I know you meant the other pointless. It's kind of a plug, though. I bet, some people will now go to the space to look at it and check, what you brought up as reasons why it's a dud. I know I did (and got another abuse report in, too ^^). So this is like promoting it. Kind of. *g*

Sometimes I get the feeling, the most pointless space (although the content is really great) is . Because most of the users it's meant for don't use it. *sigh*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Love it

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My vote goes to:

Forget about SCN members, I doubt if even SAP/SCN knows what this forum is for...

pk

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kishan P wrote:

My vote goes to: SAP Learn Now

Forget about SCN members, I doubt if even SAP/SCN knows what this forum is for...

pk

There is actually some kind of 'Lear Now' app or something like that (found this by accident). But I'd also question if this indeed deserves the designated space.

Some potentially pointless spaces could be the generic ones like Industries where 10 points gets you a spot among Top 5 contributors (note to the point-hunters! ).

Also it might be time to fold it on the Russian Language space. SCN clearly won't lure the users away from the Russian web sites that are not affiliated with SAP and have better content moderation.

Personally I'd also vote for closing SAP runs SAP. Is there a place 'Microsoft runs Windows' on MSDN? I rest my case.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Seeing somebody in a leaderboard without direct insight into why s/he is showing up there except the points, doesn't give me much value. There are better ways to extract reputation and expertise then some points figure. So from my point of view, let's get rid of them completely. Be we are not there (yet)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

+1 as well!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why does every conversation in the Coffee Corner eventually become about points? 🙂

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what about these forums, a person having less than 50 points is a Leader , and a person having 2 points is in top 10, so i will nominate this forum.

It may be because of specific region, but still seems have less efforts

Might be these are among too

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, just because the leaderboard isn't bursting with points, doesn't make it pointless in general. Look at the activity in the HCM Mexico space, it's huge! The OPs are just as lazy as in most of the other spaces when it comes to closing their threads. So it's hard for the contributors to collect points for the leaderboard. ^^ And the Chinese Hana crowd are obviously serious bloggers. *g*

The numbers on the leaderboards are in my opinion not a good indicator of how pointless a space is. It's the activity that is - for me - the most important thing. And even then you have to look at the topic of the space to see, if the reason behind a low acitivy could just be that the topic is too specific to attract a lot of content.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, i totally agree with you, what i have pointed is by seeing the points gained by topic leaders, because seeing the entire contents of each and every forum is handy, so i have taken this view, i am sorry if my interpretation is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You make some good points.

Feels like the Gamification Space is still #1

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no right or wrong in this discussion, just different points of view. But that's good, otherwise there would be no discussion.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good feedback so far. Another space audit is coming up soon so will consider all mentioned.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, please don't oust the needful as once done with

Thomas

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems they are planning for the same.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will it be possible to put some kind of hierarchy to the space organization?  Or is this currently a technical limitation (which I read elsewhere might be the case)?  I know there are some subspaces out there (like Software Logistics under ALM, for instance), but for the most part the whole organization is very flat and wide, making it difficult to keep track of all the related spaces.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There's the navigation at the top of the page and the site index on the site footer.  However, this is a separate topic so feel free to raise it in a separate thread.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the one forum which has less point table for 12-month Leaderboard

And I must say the most higher point level is the forum

Jurgen Sir rocks...

Regards

Dev