cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 auditing sample reports in WebI format ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible to get auditing sample reports in WebI format instead of Crystal format (like in previous versions of BO) ?

When Crystal is not used by a custommer, it's a pity to install and run Crystal servers & client just for auditing reports, isn't it ?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no sample auditing WebI reports provided by SAP and even the Universe and Crystal Reports samples are not delivered by SAP then if you encounter any issues in using these samples SAP will not support you. But you can use the Audit universe and Reports as a base for your purposes. You can modify the universe and create any type of reports initiating with sample queries

provided.

You can find these sample in the link provided by this SAP note 1592124 - BI4.0 Where are the Auditing Universe (Activity universe) and Auditing Sample Reports ?

Thanks and Regards,

Akram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I actually can't understand why SAP chose Crystal format for auditing reports instead of WebI format like for BO XI 3.x (WebI & Crystal format were available) .

But OK, it's clear, we have to create Webi reports from scratch.

Regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akram,

thanks for your comment.  I'm trying to built webi / Explorer report from universe.  The question is not if reports exist or not.  The problem reside in the data model of the table and also, missing in depth documentation about it.  When you look the universe / tables from audit at high level, it look promising, but when you start to really try to get answer, you will have some frustration,  What you thing is not what you get.

It's like they (Architect at SAP) built the data model of audit for developper only, not from a administrator needs, which I am, and probably you are.

Anyway I will stop here because I feel the message so negative !

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not negative Patrick. I wish SAP sees this message and provide help.

It's VERY clear message to SAP Architects to come up with better data models for Auditing which will help Administrators like you and me  in order to answer the business needs.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP developers do not live in real world, the idea behind not providing auditing universes and reports is to outsource that to real world users and administrators, people who have real experience and real understanding of what audit data is truly relevant.
SAP wants community to come up with audit universes and reports and share them with each other.

The data model is explained in the Admin guide - please design and share your reports/universes for the betterment of all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis.

If you have anything such data model which would be of help could you share that please?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tilak,

All the information you need on the Audit Database can be found within the different Admin Guide and the sample UNX w/ Crystal Enterprise reports provided.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

- Section 20

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp4_bip_admin_en.pdf

- Section 21

You can very easily reverse engineer the Crystal Enterprise Reports and create starter WebI reports and beyond.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member217667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I need your help on this. Please help me. I am not sure what to do on reverse engineering here. Does it mean we can convert the rpt reports to webi format? If so then please tell me how.

I am using SAP BO 4.1. And i need to build some audit reports based on audit DB.

I am not able find the column for report names.

I am trying to built a report which will contain all the report names and there usage.

Please help on this.

Best Regards

Bikash

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Petit,

SAP only provides Audit UNX and Crystal Enterprise reports as a favor, these are UN-Supported by SAP.

We created our own Audit UNX enhancements and created our own WebI documents instead of using the Crystal reports.  With the enchanceed UNX we were even able to create Explore workspace for management to explore.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too I created Explorer work space from audit database.  But it's so frustated because we cannot get simple answer

I'm 100% agree with you.  I'm so tired about this kind of situation.  SAP will lost a lot of customer because of this

Example of simple question I cannot figure a way :

How many Ad hoc report and total query duration user doing during a week ?  If you take event type = refresh, it's wrong answer!!!

former_member190903
Participant
0 Kudos

What does it say of a company that makes sure they have an Audit Database, but then provides no standard way to get to the data, nor any information on the data model so you can build this yourself. Ridiculous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am going through a similar situation where my business needs every day they want to see the below information for previous day.

The Schduled Report/User who ran it / Time taken / Status / Date and Time stamp.

The out of box CR report does answer this simple requirement. I am in process of creating a Webi report but if you have developed something like this would you mind sharing them.

Thanks.