cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Forecasting in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In Project Systems - My user wants to update cost forecasting amount for some wbs elements manually for every month in SAP.

Can I suggest CJ40 or is there any other t-code to update cost forecasting for some wbs elements and also provide the necessary config setps with reports.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using CJ40, you can do cost planning either overall or annual basis. For monthly basis, you should use CJR2 as above suggested.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I suggest T-code CJR2 for cost forcasting monthly, Do i need to maintain 12 versions in a year because month wise cost updating in WBS.

Once cost forecast updated in CJR2, which report i need to check for the values.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well it depends upon your business that how many versions you want to carried out. But initially you don't need to maintain 12 version monthly wise. System use 000(Create automatically from creation of CO area) by default.

For Planned line items, you can check report CJI4/S_ALR_87100186.

Regards

Shishir

0 Kudos

Hi...

1 version is perfect. CJI4 is the best line-item report to use for planning values...

Sometimes users find it difficult to pass values to cjr2 (if you campare it with cj40). Therefore if your users have to update a small number of project/wbs's then go with cj40. If not then cjr2 is perfect...

cheers

panagiotis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Will create only one version, Can you share the config steps in creating the versions.

Do i need to use layout - 1-701 (Cost element Planning) in CJR2?

Is it mandatory to enter cost element in CJR2?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi...

your user can use CJ40 for cost planning and CJ42 for revenue planning per project or per wbs element.

CJR2 can be used for massive uploads of planning data to multiple wbs elements/ projects (but needs some customization from yoru side).

Hope it helps

Panagiotis

PS cji4 is a very efficient report for plan line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try CJR2 for month wise cost planning.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria