Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create "Digital" measuring points on Work Manager 6.0

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am attempting to create "digital" i.e. Pass/Fail measuring points in Work Manager 6.0. I can enter readings as shown below but when I execute a sync, the error message below is shown:

I can use the same measuring point in SAP via IK11 as shown below to create a measuring document using valuation code only. However, the Work Manager requires a numeric characteristic to be added and the "no reading" checkbox to be ticked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi  Jonathan,

By looking at error message it looks  like  "BAPI" used to create measuring point is throwing error message.  It  confirm which component of the application(Java/ABAP - layer)  is causing the issue  you can turn on detailed  logging on SMP   server and check the  logs once the transaction is posted to SAP.    If indeed it is caused by SAP BAPI, you can further debug the issue on SAP side by putting break  point  in method create of class /SYCLO/CL_PM_MEASUREMENTDOC_DO.

Ideally  IK11 and underlying BAPI used  to create measuring point should work the same way.  On the client side there is no rule enforced to enter either characterctics value or  reading value  but looks like BAPI is expecting some additional value.

BAPI : /SMERP/PM_DOMEASUREMENTDOC_CRT

Class : /SYCLO/CL_PM_MEASUREMENTDOC_DO

Method : CREATE

Let us us what you find out.

Thanks,

Manju - SAP Customer Experience Group

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Manju; I will pass this to one of our principals and let you know the outcome.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Did you try 0 (zero) for Fail and 1 for Pass?  It looks like an issue with the definition of the Measurement Point in SAP and how the data gets passed to it.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help and apologies for the delay in replying, our system was down for an upgrade.

I've created the zero for fail and 1 for pass as shown in the screenshot but still get the same error.

From my basic understanding the application is requiring characteristic AND code group rather than characteristic OR code group.

Is this correct and can any modification be made to allow code groups to be sufficient as per IK11?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Your screen shot does not show 1 as a Pass.  Are you sure you created them properly?  A boolean (digital?) type of pass/fail does not have three values.  Please check again.

If you enter a Characteristic, do you still receive an error message?

Regards, Mike

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I tried setting it up with just the two values (0-fail and 1-Pass) and I'm still running into errors. If you could take a look I'd be grateful.

Set up code group with two values:

IK11 allows just the valuation code to be used:

On the device:

As far as I can see this should work but it still creates the same error as previously. Ideally it should work as IK11 and allow the user to select from multiple valuation codes but it appears to still require a characteristic.

One option I tried is to assign a characteristic in addition to the the valuation code and use a 0 reading. This works but is a "workaround" solution in comparison to IK11.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I think I will ask one of the former Syclo folks to take a look at this.  One thing you can look at is the underlying BAPI.  If you go to SE37 or BAPI and look for the PM RFC modules, there is one that records Measurement Point readings.  See if you can get it to work in test mode using either of those t-codes.  You may gain some insight into the BAPI's behavior from that testing.

This testing is a good thing to do in any case for misbehaving or perhaps misunderstood transactions.

Regards, Mike

jonathanc1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Jonathan