Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of Dictionary generation plugin in Netweaver Studio

former_member266288
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for limitations/issues associated with the existing plugin in Netweaver Developer Studio using which we normally generate the data dictionary for a particular JPA model persistence unit encapsulated in a ejb development component.

Currently I am facing issues when One of the JPA entity containing @OneToMany annotated column with orphanremoval option. Additionally I also observed that if even if I remove the orphanremoval option and build data dictionary DC errors the build errors out saying the below errors:

[ddgen] [Error]DtDbTable 'TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST': Table TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST is not generated

[ddgen] [Error]DtDbTable 'TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST': MySQL MaxDB:checkWidth TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST: total width(1026) greater than allowed maximum (1024)

[ddgen] [Error]DtDbTable 'TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST': Microsoft SQL Server:checkWidth (PK to TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST): total width of primary key (1020) greater than allowed maximum (900)

[ddgen] [Error]DtDbTable 'TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST': Sybase:checkWidth (PK to TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST): total width of primary key (1020) greater than allowed maximum (900)

[ddgen] [Error]DtDbTable 'TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST': SAP HANA Database:checkWidth TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST: total width(1026) greater than allowed maximum (1024)

[ddgen] [Info]    Table //DtDictionary/DtDbTable:.TMP_SVC_TMP_DEST could not be generated

[ddgen] [Error]   Generation failed due to errors (3 seconds)

Ant runtime 3.386 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

[Error]   Generation failed!

Build stopped due to an error: [Error]   Generation failed!

I could find any recent blogs on any such issue. ANy help would be greatly appreciated to help me come up with a suitable design.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it is stated in the error, the PK of the table between SVC and DEST is greater than allowed. I guess the reason is that PKs of SVC and DEST are String with width 255 characters.

I think, the easiest solution is to make the sum of the widths of both PKs(In SVC and DEST) to 255.

If you are going to use only Oracle, when generating the DB Tables you can generate them only for Oracle DB, not for MySQL and so on. There won't be an error also.

Greetings,

Ivan

former_member215851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for replying.

I tried shortening the length of primary keys and table names as well.However the error still persists.In order to speed up the things I am attaching the dtd screenshot of the tables. Can you please tell me If I am wrong somewhere.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay

former_member215851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I just disabled one of the keys for the mapping table dtd and the error was gone. This confirms that the key length was greater than the limit. However is there any way to control this as the mapping table gets generated and I dont provide any entity class for the same.The primary keys for the mapping table are getting generated looking at the Svc and Dest entities.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

@Column(length =50)

public String getId() {

return id;

}

Use this annotation in the Entities to restrict the widths(lengths) and regenerate the tables. In the attached screenshots, you show already generated tables.

Greetings,

Ivan

former_member215851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot. The changes worked for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay