cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking issue with planning function of type exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I am having two different workbooks, including two different queries.

One workbook and query is for planning data of current year and current year + 1

the other workbook and query is for planning data of current year + 2 and current year + 3.

I can open both workbooks simultaneously without any locking issue, because the lock is set over different years.

In ervery button of these workbooks, the first planning function is of type exit and reads a DSO... This planning function however creates a locking issue because its trying to set a lock for overlapping years...

e. g. in query 1 I am showing actuals data of 2014 and planning data of 2014, in query 2 I am showing actuals data of 2014 and planning data of 2015.

When starting the queries, lock is set as follows:

• Query1: 2014
  • Query 2: 2015

When running the planning function of type exit in query 2, system tries to lock 2014 and 2015 which creates a locking collision.

What I see is, that for some reason, the system is not able to set the lock according to my restricted key figures, it is only able to set the lock according to the selections in the global filter plus all values for the infoobjects in my restricted key figures.

Is there any OSS note which may solve this issue:

Thanks and regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi marco,

I would run planning functions only in a sequence, where i have a filter available.

In the filter I would select the data in a way, that it does not lock.

Otherwise, depending on the function type you use, you can try to define the overlapping data as reference data, so that it will not be locked by the system.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to  explicitly bind the variables for the planning function, check the document below (page 13)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0881371-78a1-2910-f0b8-af3e18492...

hope it helps.