cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa AD form Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

We have configured Nakisa OrgChart AD form authentication, We have checked it in 4.0 and was right, but now we are upgraded to 4.0 SP1 and when we try to login the system return allways the error:invalid login. We are using the same configuration and the same AD admin user/password.

Someone know if could be any problema with AD form in SP1?

Regards,

Albano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Albano.

There's nothing in the VSN40_SP1_Release_EN.pdf known issues.  There's also nothing in the 4.0 SP1 release notes we've tracked, or anything about AD forms changing in the initial 4.0 SP1 release.

So on that basis I'd first double check that the user account being used has not been disabled, expired or forced a password change in the interim since you have upgraded.  I'd perhaps even set up another account just to rule out any network profile corruption - I used to administer a domain and every once in a while a network profile would corrupt and cause all sorts of issues.

If that doesn't yield anything I'd consider raising the issue via OSS.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks, we have not changed any parameter of AD configuration but with new build AD it is not running. really the only important settings are in tab authentication source, it´s right? the connection string it´s not mandatory.

I´m going to create an issue via OSS.

Thanks

albano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Could you confirm me if It´s mandatory Setting Up the CA Certificate or only for encrypt the credentials? perhaps it´s the problem.

thanks

albano

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albano.

CA certificate configuration is mandatory for AD forms if you are encrypting the credentials.  You can verify if you are indeed using SSL in your AD authentication source settings (AdminConsole > Security Settings > Authentication Settings).

So if your previous deployment required this and you are not using the same Java Environment on the same server, then you would need to repeat the process.  If it did not require this or it did and you are deploying to the same Java Environment then you should not need to repeat the process, but I guess repeating it would not negatively impact your configuration.

With regards to your connection string question, any connection creates a connection string behind the scenes.  Could you clarify exactly which connection string you are referring to?

As a final check, I would simply suggest that you work through each of the following sections in the 4.0 SP1 Admin Guide to confirm for yourself that you have not missed anything:

1. 4.3.6 Active Directory Form.
  2. 4.3.10 Setting the Authentication Source.
  3. If required... 4.3.7 Setting up the CA Certificate.

Note: You could also take screen shots and include in your OSS (if you find you still need to go down that route) so that SAP/Nakisa know exactly what you have configured.

As you work through, if you make any changes be sure to submit them before saving and published.

To doubly make sure everything is "clean and fresh" you could also restart the OrgChart application in NetWeaver.

Regards,

Stephen.