cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi 4.1SP3: unx on BEx Query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will create some WebI reports with source data in SAP BI. We have different BEx queries as source.

If I use directly the BEx Query, I'm not able to create a intelligent filter, which filters the correct time part.

Is it possible to create an unx on a BEx Query, so that I can put logik in the universe? Have I got the hierachies available for this way?

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

selecting time or date can very easily be done with Exit variables and can already be done in the BEx query - no need to do that in Web Intelligence.

You can not create a UNX on a BEx Query and also keep in mind that a hierarchy in the UNX is not really what a BW hierarchy is about.

Also remember that Web Intelligence does have major limitations when it comes to working with BW and that you should look at the Analysis products for BW.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Webi Formula Variable =MonthNumberOfYear(CurrentDate()), and see if this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Yes, it is possible to create a Universe on BEx query.

But, coming to your problem, you need to create all required filters in BW itself so that it will automatically appear in report prompts.

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

in BW we uses the actual month as "Display filter" and not as query data filter. But in WebI I can not use this and the Report shows me all data.

If I create a filter in the BEx for the actual month, than I need a second query only for WebI. This solution with two queries is not preferd.

Is there a way to implement a automatic month filter in the query Panel in webi ??

Regards,

Andreas

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikrant: Where are the steps to create a Unx on a BEx Query in BI4.1 SP3?

I am not seeing the steps to do this.

You can create a UNX on a BW Infoprovider, but I don't see how to do it on a BEx Query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain in detail that why second query is needed to show prompt on Webi report?

I think, prompt will appear even report is developed on BEx query, if BEx query has a query level filter .

Regards,

Vikrant

0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to create an UNX Universe on top of a BEx Query as an OLAP Universe. Its only possible via relational connection and believe me, you dont want to do that!

The strategic way SAP walks here is consuming BEx Queries via the BICS Interface (DOT).

I could imagine that you are using a BEx Query Element that is not supported. Check the Excel inside the ZIP File at the bottom of this Note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1869560

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am stuck in a similar situation these days. I have to use a Custom navigation Path in IDT so I can customize my hierarchies coming from BW in Bex query.

If I am not able to create UNX based on Bex I assume my next option would be to use cube as a source for UNX, please correct me if I am wrong OR advise if it is possible that I can still use Bex query as a source for UNX in IDT. Any solution please advise, Thanks

NI

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nargis,

You can not create a UNX based on a BEx query and there should not be any need for it at all.

In the UNX you can not create hierarchies like you can in BW - the hierarchies in the UNX are totally different and far from what BW can do. The UNX also will not offer the hierarchies from BW.

Also remember that Web Intelligence does have major limitations when it comes to working with BW and that you should look at the Analysis products for BW.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

How about if I build UNX based on Infocube, I want to use the Custom Navigation Path. Note that we are not using standard hierarchy but we are using flat hierarchy which is built on attributes. We have turned those attributes as navigational for Bex.

Can I use this Navigation path to customize my hierarchy view , please let me know

Regards

NI

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge that is not supported

Last week at BI 2014 SAP said to create reports using the BEx query as a data source as a best practice.