Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Central Process Scheduling by Redwood

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to install SAP CPS in my landscape , we don't have any idea about SAP CPS  By REDWOOD, so can any one help me for how install and  how to use, send complete guidance for SAP CPS by REDWOOD .

Thanks & regards

J JANA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your reply.

we have checked all above links, but we need more information about SAP CPS by Redwood installation process steps , how to use the SAP CPS in AS ABAP systems and solution manager.

Thanks

J Jana

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I am not mistaken the first link contains the (Quick) Installation Guide and Administration Guide. These should contain all the information on how to install CPS (Java only) and how to configure it to access remote ABAP systems.

Regards Gerben

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your quick response.

If u have any docs for SAP CPS installation and configurations or any videos for this please share with me your docs.

Thanks

J jana

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your support.

Recently i have upgraded solution manager 7.1 with SAP CPS by redwood8.0 using SDM , it is deployed successfully.After that i didn't get how to start the SAP CPS. please guide me.

Thanks Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janardhan,

There is no specific step to start the CPS application as it should be started as soon as you deploy it.

Go to the URL: http://<hostname:5NN00/scheduler.

hostname is your solman hostname and NN is your java stack instance number.

Basically, URL is same as NWA url, except that last suffix is scheduler.

In case you are not able to open the URL, you can login to NWA-->configuration-->Infrastructure-->Application modules-->scheduler

You can search for scheduler application.

Now select the scheduler-->More Actions-->View Corresponding to Application

Now it will take you to start and stop Java applications view. Here, scheduler-ear should be in status started. If it is stopped, start it.

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda kumar,

Thanks for your help.

I didn't get that link and what ever you given link is for Net-weaver system i think. I am new for this please give me complete guideline for SAP CPS by REDWOOD for Net-Weaver system, solman and ABAP system also.If you have any document or videos for this please send me. This is urgent help me.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

what is the URL to access your Netweaver administrator of your solution Manager system?

If you don't have this, please request the same from your basis team and report it here.

It should be something like, http://hostname:port/nwa

So in order to access the CPS, go to url, http://hostname:port/scheduler

There is no video i'm aware of right now, will reply if i find. The admin guide and install guides provided by Mr.Gerben have more than enough information for a successful installation.

Your basis team will be able to help you with that, come to think of it, it is a basis activity.

Just tell them, you need to install CPS add-on over the Java stack. They will deploy the SCA file.

you said, you have installed CPS, can you please share the system information screenshot of the java stack?

Also please note that, it is recommended to install CPS on a dedicated NW Java system, rather than with Solman or PI. This is because, if you have a maintenance for Solman/PI, it will affect the CPS Scheduling also.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda kumar,

Thanks again for your help.

I got that link finally. but i got error like below screen could you please check once.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to

http://plaeccdev:50000/nwa

Go to configurations-->infrastructure--> click Application modules

Search for Scheduler

Select the Scheduler , then click More options button on top and then click View Corresponding to Application

Now you will see scheduler-ear application (like below screenshot), make sure, it is started and running.

Also, your url says, 'ecc', are you sure this is correct URL?

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha kumar,

Thank very much for very quick response.

scheduler-ear application is started like below , after this i need to create job and scheduling jobs in SAP CPS , so please guide for this.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, you should be able to access the URL: http://plaeccdev:50000/scheduler

After this, you can refer the admin guide provided by to connect to SAP systems and scheduling the jobs.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda kumar,

Thanks.

But still i am getting same error like below.

Thanks

J jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you restarted the SAP after installing the CPS add-on?

If not restart it.

Also, what is your Os/DB environment?

Please provide the content of default trace file during the same time you tried to access the URL.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kumar,

Thank very much for your support.

My java is outdated so updated my java , its working now but got one more different error like below

Like Database Connection does not have adaptive response buffering enabled.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer the SAP note 1421152 as mentioned, and edit the parameter in config tool.

This is to avoid out of memory issues when handling large DB transactions.

I had to apply this parameter (2 years back), when i was using M33.7 build of CPS.

that is a very very old build and has a lot of bugs, that can significantly affect the actual schedule (for example, holding all the queues simultaneously resets the scheduled start time of certain jobs). If you are in that build, it is highly recommended to update to  latest build M33.95 i guess not sure. See the SMP for latest build.

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Nanda kumar,

Thanks for your help and support.

I checked that note and solved that issue. thanks your great help. I have some more doubt on this how to connect SAP system . how create job , how scheduling jobs and how to connect non sap system.

If your free give me your contract details like Skype ID  or mobile no anything. it is helpful for me because i am new for SAP BASIS.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

The administration guide covers all the topics you have mentioned and has examples for each of them.

Please go through them and practice. There used to be video tutorials, but i guess now you need to create a login first to access them here: http://www.redwood.com/resources/education/online-tutorials

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kumar,

Thanks for your help.

I have that link already ,but when i am going to add SAP system into REDWOOD i got error like this  Exception during handling of the responseXML (#184). help me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your build version?

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replay.

My Build version is SAP CPS BY REDWOOD 8.0 it is latest one.

When i am going to add SAP system i got one more error like SAP System SMD An isolated SAP system cannot be created in the GLOBAL partition.

Please help me. I seen your post in SCN  Not able to add systems to Global partition | SCN     So it is not possible to do testing.

Thanks

J Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janardhan,

I assume you are using a recent browser, could you give me the details?

Also, in scheduler web application, you should see a blue icon with an "i", could you click on that and tell us the 'exact' version you see, my memory is failing, but this looks like m28.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Carpenter,

Thanks for your replay.

I have created one isolation group and imported users into that isolation group,after that i logging with that isolation group and user for connecting SAP system. i got error like below

Please help me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CPS 8.0 is not the build version, that CPS version. Follow the step metioned to get the build version. See the screenshot below:

For your above question, go to Environment-->Process Server, right click SMD and click Start.

Queue should automatically start, if not right click and select release.

Thanks

Nanda

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janardhan,

Ok, so you have set up an SAP system  and its process server does not start, this is sad.

You should see operator messages about this. You can access operator messages in the Monitoring section - they will contain the error message so we can figure out what is happening.

Did you test the connection on the SAP System editor screen? If not, navigrate to Environment > SAP Systems and edit SMD, on the first tab, you have a test connection button, does that work ? on the XBP tab, you also have a test connection, does that work, too ?

BTW, the version info is handy, because it might explain why you got responseXML errors. Note that, contrary to what I wrote previously, this is not M28, it looks like an M33 version, which is better ;-).

Regards from,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda kumar,

SAP CPS Build version is M33.98-71744,my Queue started automatically when i restarted my system.

Thanks

J Jana   

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Thanks for your replay.

My Queue started when i restarted my CPS, my CPS version is M33.98-71744.

When i am going add create a job i got below option

I have doubt about job creation, import jobs from SAP , monitoring jobs  and scheduling jobs from REDWOOD for this i need to do any manual step in sap system.

Thanks

J  Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

We are almost there, select 'SAP batch job definition', bottom right.

There, Select SMD as SAP system, select a client, fill in a SAP job name, look in sm37 for a specific job name, and submit this import wizard.

It will create a job definition that is linked to this SAP job.

You will be able to locate it by its name in Definitions > Job Definitions and submitting this will run the job in SAP.

What I also do when I show this is, go to SM36 in SAPGui, create a job I named Peter Pan, add a step that calls rsusr007, for example, I then set the start time to immediate and save it. I then go back to CPS and fill 'Peter Pan' into the job name field, that way I am sure it will be picked up.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

HI HP,

As per your suggestion, i selected SAP batch job definition after that i entered all details correctly and me only created one back ground job in sap system, but i am getting error like below

When i imported job also showing its running only.

Please help me.

Thanks

Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Expand the files option for the job in error status and post the log here.

How many jobs are you importing? How long has the import job is running?

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda Kumar,

Thanks,

please find the log file.

Partition            :SAPCPS
Full Text           : An error has occurred in the SAP connector: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JOBNAME

Details:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JOBNAME

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.setParameterExpression(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:640)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.setAbapParameterExpressions(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:782)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.getJobDefinition(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:706)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.createJobChain(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:559)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.generate(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:340)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.access$0(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:294)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand$1.performWork(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:233)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.components.util.UserUnitOfWorkManager.perform(UserUnitOfWorkManager.java:139)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.components.util.UserUnitOfWorkManager.perform(UserUnitOfWorkManager.java:103)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.execute(GenerateCcmsJobDefinitionCommand.java:229)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpCommand.doExecute(AbstractXbpCommand.java:86)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:58)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.operation.RunJobOperation.doWork(RunJobOperation.java:104)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.SapJobWork.doWork(SapJobWork.java:38)

at com.redwood.scheduler.infrastructure.workqueue.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:676)

Please help me

Thanks

Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Is there a <space> in front the Jobname field you provided? CPS doesn't accept <space> char for object names like job definiton, job chain definition, time windows.

You should provide a job name and it should not have any space characters.

Please provide a screenshot of parameters you gave as input for this job.

You can find it under parameters.

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nada,

I have deleted all imported jobs and again i imported now its showing waiting its working fine i think.

please check one and let me know.

Thanks

Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did the job complete successfully? If not, please share the parameters you used to run the job.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for your grate support.

In Job monitoring its showing completed.

We need any RFC connection for  SAP system to CPS and CPS to SAP system.

One more thing is if i  imported all CCMS job and SAP system program at a time , all jobs  will schedule automatically or not.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, they will not get scheduled.

When you import, only job definitions get imported, not the schedule information.

So, you have to manually schedule each job.

If you are into coding, i think you develope a script to read the SAP tables TBTCR or TBTCS, and then submit the CPS jobs as per the schedule. Although you have to manually stop the jobs that are already running in SAP.

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda ,

Thanks for your help.

How to schedule a job in CPS.

Basically my doubt is We need any RFC connection for  SAP system to CPS and CPS to SAP system.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to manually create any RFCs. You just have to provide the information while creating the process server, CPS will create the RFCs whenever needed.

You will have to create RFC from SAP to CPS when you want to do Financial Closing or Solution Manager integration for Job Scheduling Management, otherwise no need.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks Again.

I need solution manager integration for Job scheduling Management , i need to create RFC , please tel me which type of RFC i need to create and how to integrate with Solution manager. and One more thing is after integration how to Schedule a job using CPS.

Thanks

J Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Please see SAP Note 1729766: https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1729766

for setup instructions.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hp,

Thanks for your help.

How to create a Inbound connection in CPS and solution manager. for integration.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the steps to create the Inbound RFC in Administration guide. Search for "solution manager".

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

Thanks for your great support.

My system details solution manager 7.1 SP11.it is not a net weaver version also

In my market place i didn't get ST -PSM add-on also.For JSM we need SP level minimum SP15 but in market place SP11 only available.

Up to now i deployed SAP CPS8.0 using SDM and created isolation group,in this i have imported users, connected to SAP system also.It is supported to CPS8.0 or not, if it is ok,what i want to do remaining steps once.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you can create inbound connection as a part of free version CPS.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks.

I don't have option to create inbound connection in CPS.

My system details are

My system details solution manager 7.1 SP11.it is not a net weaver version also

In my market place i didn't get ST -PSM add-on also.For JSM we need SP level minimum SP15 but in market place SP11 only available.

Up to now i deployed SAP CPS8.0 using SDM and created isolation group,in this i have imported users, connected to SAP system also.

This solution manager configuration  is supported to CPS8.0 or not, if it is ok,what i want to do remaining steps in CPS and Solution manager also. please guide me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no option to create inbound connection in free of charge, so you can't integrate with your solution manager. Doesn't matter what SP solman is in.

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks.

In net weaver Java system having option to integrate with CPS (free of charge). basically i need to test how it is work if it is working fine, i will use chargeable SAP CPS by Redwood.

But i seen that is there option for SAP systems job scheduling  using free of charge CPS only. please guide me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for your great support.

I went http://plaeccdev:50000/scheduler/ui/licence/manager.jsp

go through this link for generation License 

i am clicking Activate Free of charge license. After this i got block page and i didn't get any one for clicking also.like below

Please help me for this. Other i will generate a license go through OSS message, please help for help.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is weird. Did you try closing and opening the browser again?

thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks very much,

But still i didn't get INBOUND Connection option in CPS.

I need help from your side nanda. i need to integrate with Solution manager to CPS, after this i need to schedule a job in CPS, for this want i need to do. please help me nanda.

For this(License Key) i have raised a OSS message also but still i didn't replay.

Thanks

J Jana

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

Since CPS is very likely to orchestrate a lot of critical (business) processes in the (near) future I think it would be a good idea for you to attend a training on the subject or get a subject matter expert in to provide you with some best practises, hands on advice en knowledge transfer on what you actually try to achieve.

In your first post you raised the point: "We are going to install SAP CPS in my landscape". And in this whole thread I am still looking for the answer to a question: WHY! We can only help you if we understand why you are doing what you are doing.

Regards Gerben

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for great support. i have solved  my issues.

Thanks

J JAna

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.