SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the field name in the operation interface belongs to which field of the table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Such as,which field of the table is the sales order number in the sales order related to. I am very expected to gain some suggestion from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182149
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to identify the underlying table field name that you see on an SAP screen

In general disply the document that you are investigating, place your cursor on the field that you are interested in and press F1 (Help), once the help is displayed, press  technical information icon

And the technical information will be displayed

I've highlighted the technical infromation of the underlying table for the the sales order number as you gave as your example.

Regards

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182149
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to identify the underlying table field name that you see on an SAP screen

In general disply the document that you are investigating, place your cursor on the field that you are interested in and press F1 (Help), once the help is displayed, press  technical information icon

And the technical information will be displayed

I've highlighted the technical infromation of the underlying table for the the sales order number as you gave as your example.

Regards

John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Besides, when I place my cursor on the field 'material' and then  press the fourth button 'technical information' by F1. I found that it's not the table that I was searching but the structure. So, how can I find the transparent table including the field 'material' in the sales order. And what is the difference between table and structure. I am expected your further suggestion.

0 Kudos

Hi

Structures and tables both are 2/2 matrices but there are many differences between them.

1. Tables can store the data physically but a structure does not store data

2. Tables can have primary key but a structure does not have a key

3. Tables can have the technical attribute but a structure does not  have technical attributes.

To find underlying fields use SE84 Object Browser

, go to ABAP Dictionary, Go to Structure - enter structure name

execute

Scroll down until you see your field name, double click the name under the component column

You can see the check table that the field comes from.

If you asking where does the material number in the order get stored, look at the screen field for batch input. It starts with VBAP.  In SE80 Abap Dictionary select Database Tables, enter VBAP and you will see all the fields that make up this database table.

I hope this helps

John

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.It's helpful for me.