cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change namespace and package for launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to change the namespace and package that I selected while transporting a launch pad. Is it possible? If yes, how do we make it?

Thanks,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

do you need custom Launchpad? read here http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/05/31/tips-recommendations-for-... The transport has to be triggered from the menu. In the launchpad you made the changes in, call from the menu 'Launchpad' -> 'Transport'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

I don;t need a custom transport request.

I did some changes in standard ESS/MENU config. After that I tried to transport this from menu 'Launchpad' -> 'transport'.

After that it asked me for the namespace and package. I assigned the wrong one by mistake and now I want to change that namespace and package for it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bhushan

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can follow this note steps 1. Set the SET/GET parameter LPD_EXPERT to the value XX (transaction SU3) and save this setting 1702081 - LPD: Error message TO142 or TK232 if you want to keep the launchpad and just correct the namespace please: 1) delete launchpad  with wrong namespace using package example $tmp 2) create launchpad  with correct namespace 3) Transport the launchpad with the correct namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the namespace and package by just deleting records from the launchpad config tables.

It's working..... Woooohooooo

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are those config table names list out here ..it will be helpful to others also

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF YOU DO Transport ...texts translation  will be missing in portal do it carefully

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating the launch pad it will ask for Package and Namespace parameters, but not while doing transportation.