Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying the PERSON_FIRM CP data failed

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I was installing the IPS  I got the error like port is not available . Then I changed the port 6400 to 6420 and installed  the IPS 4.1 SP2. Then I installed the SAP Data Services 4.2 SP1 . Then I installed the Information Platform Services 4.2 SP1. But while Installing the Information Steward Cleansing Packages are not deploying .  It is giving the error  as mentioned in the installation log file .

15:45:01.583 Current working dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\2014.04.01.14.39.56\

15:45:01.584 NativeActionExecutor: temporarily updating path. Adding to path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\

15:45:01.584 Set environment variable 'Path': 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\'.

15:45:01.585 Prepend to environment variable 'Path': 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\;C:\Python33\;C:\SybaseIQ\OCS-15_0\bin;C:\SybaseIQ\shared\Sybase Central 6.1.0\win64;C:\SybaseIQ\IQ-15_4\Bin64;C:\SybaseIQ\IQ-15_4\Bin32;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\lib3p64\log4cxx\lib;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\connector\lib;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\bin;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\lib3p64;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\lib3p;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\dll;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\bin;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\jobscheduler\bin;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\dll;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\bin;C:\Sybase\DBISQL\bin;C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\ADONET\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess\ADONET\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\ODBC\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll;C:\Sybase\UAF-2_5\bin;C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WINDOWS LIVE;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WINDOWS LIVE;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\DAL;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\IPT;C:\PROGR喙㠚ݾÜ¢å™ã šîš”ݾ⽰¤ݾ;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\bin64;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\bin32;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\cygwin64\bin\'.

15:45:01.585 NativeActionExecutor: calling action entry point.

15:45:01.686 CpDataDeploy: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre/bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC" "Administrator" "***" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\\" ""

15:45:06.011 Connecting to the CMS server...

15:45:43.699 Error connecting to CMS server.

Unable to connect to CMS Server. Check your login information.

15:45:44.399 Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM.txt

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM.udc

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM_PER.cp

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM_VER.cp

Deleting folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\

15:45:44.700 2014/04/01, 03:45:44: RunRedistProgram: return value 1

15:45:44.700 CpDataDeploy: Error: Deploying the PERSON_FIRM CP data failed

Please let me how to resolve the issue . Is any reason to changing the CMS default port from 6400 to 6420.  While Installation we are giving the log in details and successfully log into the CMS. Is internally assign the 6400 port while deploying the cleansing packages.

Given syntax for CMS log in for CP deployment is

CpDataDeploy: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre/bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC" "Administrator" "***" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\\" ""

As i changed from default port I am logging using Host name + port number ( 6420). 

CpDataWiatForCms: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpWaitForCms.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "***" "secEnterprise"

How can  add the port to the above syntax as shown above.

Can  I deploy manually in the command line . If yes how can  I deploy .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Would it be possible for you to provide us with the  full installation log?  This will help us in having a better idea of what might be happening?

Thank you,

Lynne

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

Installation log size is 4.8 MB . I cannot attach in SCN . Can I send it to your SAP mail id.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Yes you can send it to lynne.lintelman@sap.com

Thank you,

Lynne

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

I have sent the installation log to the Lynne (Duncan) Lintelman (lynne.lintelman@sap.com)  mail with  Subject Deploying the PERSON_FIRM CP data failed .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Thank you for sending the complete log file.  We have found the problem and will be fixing it in the upcoming release.

You can follow the below instructions which will work around the problem you are seeing.

1.       Create the is_cp_data folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\"

2.       Extract the CP Data zip file into this is_cp_data folder (the zip file should be located in the installer here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\data\PERSON_FIRM.zip)

3.       Run the following command, being sure to replace the “***” with the CMS password.

a.  "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre/bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "***" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\" ""

Thank you,

Lynne

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

As per your instructions I extract the PERSON_FIRM package to new folder is_cp_data as shown below .

I have executed the cleansing package deployment jar file .

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\bin>java.exe -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "Sybase123" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\" ""

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0

\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\bin>

I re-started the CMS and log in to the Information Steward, still there is no PERSON_FIRM cleansing package in the published cleansing packages.

How can we check successfully deployed or not . Any log file will be created.   Why still no cleansing package?  Do I have to do any other settings ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

I would have expected output from the command stating that it was successful or not.  Can you confirm that the jar file being run (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar) exists?  If it does, can you try to run the same command, but replace the last empty string parameter with “new”, e.g.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\binjava.exe” -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "Sybase123" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\" "new"

The following should always be the first line of output when the command is executed properly:

Connecting to the CMS server...

Thank you,

Lynne

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

I have tried with your instructions .  Cleansing package deployment jar file (CpDataDeploy.jar) available in the utilities folder. Please find the below screenshot for reference.

I have executed the cleansing package deployment  jar file but I am not getting the statement like "Connecting to the CMS server...".

Please find the screenshot for the reference.

Still there is no cleansing package under the published cleansing package in the CPB .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

We believe we have identified the problem in the command line.  In the second to last argument the java program's use of the trailing slash is escaping the closing quote (in the last line from the image below: ta\” “new”).  Can you run the command line again, but this time omitting the trailing slash, e.g.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\binjava.exe” -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "Sybase123" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data" "new"

This works in our installer because the item being passed around is a variable and not the explicit path.

Thank you,

Lynne

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

I have removed the "\" and executed , still I am getting the error .

Please find the below screenshot.

But I have checked the folder after execution of the syntax . ".udc" file is available in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data folder .

Please find the below screenshot for reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

I saw you replied to another post where you were showing one of your custom cleansing packages and I just wanted to double check to see if you were able to view the PERSON_FIRM cleansing package within Cleansing Package Builder.

Thank you,

Lynne

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Could you please try the following command:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre\bin\java.exe” -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC:6420" "Administrator" "Sybase123" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\\" "new"

(same as before, except for the additional two slashes in red)

Thank you,

Lynne Lintelman

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

Still I am getting the same error .

Please find the below screenshot for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

FYI - I sent you an email to see if we can debug this further.

Thank you,

Lynne Lintelman