cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SSO User Mapping between Enterprise Portal - BO - BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've an issue trying to configure SSO with User Mapping between SAP Enteprise Portal 7.0 and SAP BW through BO 4.1.

My scenario consists in an OpenDocument iView in the Enterprise Portal pointing to the BW system.

When I use in EP an username that exists on BW system with the iView configured with SAPLOGONTICKET Authentication method I've no problems, SSO works fine.

The problem comes with the EP username is different than the BW username. Then the iView is configured as UIDPW Authentication method and I use "User Mapping" on the EP UME side for my user. That doesn't works, I get the OpenDocument Authentication screen when I execute the iView.

Do you know if User Mapping it's a supported method for the SAP SSO Integration with BO ? Have you seen any landscape working in this way ?

Regards,

Albert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

yes we do like this, use the User Mapping in BO (Authentication) We use the AD to get informations from SAP BW Userprofile, where you have to insert the Alias and the SNC.

You also have to make sure, that the certificates in BW to the BO trusted System exists.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

thanks for your answer. I have some doubts.

I was wondering if (as you said) we can do the User Mapping by using the Aliases of the BO system but I don't know how do it.

You are using AD to get informations from your SAP BW userprofile but this isn't my case.

I've SAP Enteprise Portal users (created in the own EP UME DB) and I've the SAP BW User (created in the own SAP BW DB). The BW Users are imported on BO.

Then, how must I do the Alias to map the EP user to BW/BO user ? Maybe creating some Enteprise User ??

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

I'm pretty sure you can't do this.  BO can't read the usernames from EP so you can't map the EP and BW aliases - BO can only read from BW on the SAP side of things.  You would need the accounts to match in this instance.

Assuming the BW account matches the AD account you could set up AD SSO and map the AD and BW accounts together so that when they fire up OpenDoc then Vintela/AD would log them in.  Best bet is probably to harmonise the EP/BW user names though.

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

that was my assumption and I must say that SAP is working on it but in this moment there are no possibility to use EP User Mapping to map EP Users and BW Users.

The recommended way is use SAPLOGONTICKET but this isn't a solution for us.

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

yes fully agree with Bill, if you create EP User's you cannot match them directly i BO CMC. Check in EP User Administration -> User Mapping with System access

Maybe it helps.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

we're trying to involve SAP on this issue because isn't possible to use User Mapping in this case.

I will update this thread if SAP give us an answer with a solution or workaround.

Regards,

Albert

Answers (0)