cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really strange promotion behaviour (Required dependencies not found)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a really mysterious failure with the promotion failure.

I created a very simple promotion job, that should promote a single WebI report from platform A to B. B doesn't have any folders yet. When I create the promotion job with our Testuser, I get the following promotion window and when I start the promotion job, everything works fine:

As you can see the folder of the WebI report is added automatically to the promotion objects.

When I create exactly the same promotion job from another client PC in our company, but with the same Testuser ( ! ), the promotion window looks like this, the folder is not added to the object list.

After starting the promotion job, I get the following error:

Übergabestatus=Übergabe versucht und fehlgeschlagen., Hochstufungsstatus=Failure : com.businessobjects.lcm.utilities.LCMException: com.businessobjects.sdk.biar.BIARException$EngineException: Erforderliche Abhängigkeiten im Zielsystem nicht gefunden: '[M1M6uOUACCVhAHUAagAAXIgFAgrH.HcAAAA]'

-> translated: Required dependencies not found: '[M1M6uOUACCVhAHUAagAAXIgFAgrH.HcAAAA]'

It's the missing folder in the second screenshot, which has that CUID on the source system.

We tried it with the same browsers (IE and Firefox), same browser versions, etc.

As we are executing exactly the same steps on both client PCs, the same user, the reason for the different behaviour must be a different client setting I guess?

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Please try the following steps.

1. In Promotion Management, delete the source system and re add it.

2. For testing purpose, add the user to the administrator's group and check if you face the same issue.

3. While creating the job if you don't see the folder in the list, click on Manage dependencies and try adding the folder.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, the reason was, that we have a load balancer and one of the redirected web servers was causing that issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hans,

1) Can u  try import Wizard / Upgrad management tool?

2  )What Bo version and What patch level you are on? Does the Production/ Dev and and your UAT system are on the same patch level?

Please try these in Dev Enviorment...

goto :

"http://myBOESERVERname:8080/AdminTools" using

One can use the query builder tool ti figure out which object is causing the issue,

SELECT * FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_CUID = '
M1M6uOUACCVhAHUAagAAXIgFAgrH.HcAAAA'

I Really think the isue is regarding access rights...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes with the UMT it would work, but this is not a solution in our case.

We are on BO 4.0 SP7, Prod, Dev and UAT.

Like I said the CUID is that folder, which is only visible when I create the promotion job on one client machine. When creating the same job on another client, the folder is not in the object list and the error occurs.

Of course I was sure as well that it's a right issue, but then I tried it with the same BO user on both clients and get that strange behaviour which actually can't occur. I can also see after creating the jobs, that the owner of the promotion jobs is the same user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can  find the CUID of the folder

"http://myBOESERVERname:8080/AdminTools" using

One can use the query builder tool ti figure out which object is causing the issue,

SELECT * FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_CUID = '
M1M6uOUACCVhAHUAagAAXIgFAgrH.HcAAAA'  (Enter CUID)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, that's how I found out that the folder object has the CUID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did U query? using admin tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i queried using the admin tools, and found out that the folder itself is causing the troubles.

Like I explained in my initial post the strange thing is, that the folder shows up in the promotion job when I create the promotion job on one client machine and the job runs without errors.

When I create exactly the same job with the same BO user on another client machine, the folder doesn't show up in the promotion job (see screenshot) and the job fails with the error message I posted.