Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM JAVA API in 7.1

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you one tell me what is the difference between MDM 5.5 and MDM 7.1 with respect to  MDM Java API.

I want to build the custom application  for MDM 7.1 SP 10 & Portal 7.4 or 7.3  using MDM java API with help of Webdynpro Java or SAP UI5.

I have few queries related to java MDM API.

1) What is  MDM Webdynpro Components? is this the  SAP MDM standard BP for Portal or sth else? How to install and access those components?

2) If i develop  the custom  application in webdynpro java using the java MDM API, should i use the above  MDM Webdynpro Componenents in my custom application or not ? if so , how to use those components in my custom application or  Those MDM webdynpro components are not related to MDM java API for building the custom webdynpro applications?

or

If i develop the custom application in SAP UI5 using the SAP MDM Java API? what is the possibility?

3) What are various options for getting the Connection for MDM system in Webdynpro Application,  In case if want to update the data in MDM  based on the user accessing  custom the application?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

forget about ui5, unless you are building very simple screen.

it is just some sca, which has to be deployed in your nw java(7.1+) system.

the mdm wd component are reusable components, which can be used to implement search, crud screen with very less code. you have to create wd dc to use those component

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Jun

Thanks for the reply.

Can you  provide some more information related to the following things.

is SAP MDM webdynpro components is same as SAP MDM Standard business package in 7.1 or both are different?

What are files needed in SAP Portal to deploy for accessing those MDM webdynpro components and to reuse the same MDM webdynpro components using NWDI , what are the SCA files need to be imported as dependent files.

Can you tell me how to create the connection object MDM system in Custom application using the MDM java API based on the user id who logged into the portal to make the changes in MDM based on the user id only.

Thanks