cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading hierarchy in new hierarchy table

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I am using the SRM-MDM catalogue. For testing using non-UNSPSC codes, I created a new hierarchy table and add to the main Catalog table. I then try to map the table and create a hierarchy field. However, I get a 'Unknown exception' error. Does anyone have similar problem? Is there anything wrong with my code? Below is the screenshot of the values I assigned to the fields.

Note that I have successfully loaded UNSPSC code using similar method into the standard hierarchy table before. However, we have been encountering problem using a different set of codes and hence the reason for creating another hierarchy table to test this out. The number of characters for the hierarchy code is set to 6 instead of the standard 8 but I do not believe will cause any problem as I have the same problem with the standard hierarchy table where the code is 8 characters.

Appreciate any advice on that.

Cheers!
SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

What is the hierarchy you want to create,can you please give an example.

In general Parent and child are different fields in the source and and description adds to every node.

Also,you can import hierarchies using partitioning too -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e122d4-40ab-2a10-4a82-fe7db431f...

Thanks,

Ravi

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm just testing with very simple codes like the one shown in the screenshot:

Hierarchy NameHierarchy Code
Stationery100000
Stationery - Battery101000
Stationery - Boards102000
Clothing and Uniform200000
Clothing - Accessories201000

My intention is to create a hierarchy field for Hierarchy Name and Code but the system would not create it, giving me error 'Unknown exception' error. I have done this before with UNSPSC code and was able to create the hierarchy field which I can then proceed to do the necessary field and value mappings.

I have also tried to create a hierarchy field by introducing a parent code which looks like this

Hierarchy NameHierarchy CodeParent
Stationery010000
Stationery - Battery010100010000
Stationery - Boards010200010000
Clothing and Uniform020000
Clothing - Accessories020100020000

It works when I map Parent field to the column 'Parent' stated in my Excel.

So, I do not quite understand why I am not able to create a hierarchy field with just the code and name fields and let the system determines the different level.

Regards

SF