Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG12 - Phrase creation/editing - issues

sruthi_srinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While entering/creating Phrases in the long text area in CG12, some languages (Greek, Japanese) give bad values - they do not give the correct characters. Language installation has already been done. There are some other languages (Slovakian e.g.) which do not copy correctly in the short text area, and give bad values there. Has anyone encountered such issues before? Any idea how they can be resolved...?

Thank you,

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Characters in long texts are not displayed correctly in CG13 when you are creating and editing because of PC editor.

In this case  the graphical SAPscript editor to edit long texts of phrases, identifiers or user-defined texts. Some language-dependent characters in the long text cannot be displayed. Instead, the characters '?' or '#' are displayed for example.

This problem occurs in the "PC editor" as it is known. This editor is an external Windows application, which is dependent on the regional and country settings of your operating system, as well as the logon and text language. Unicode texts are not supported.

The new graphical editor "Microsoft Word as SAPscript Editor" has been introduced for multilingual texts (for example, Unicode texts). Note 742662( Click Here 742662 - MS Word as Editor in SAPscript and Smart Forms) describes how you can set up "Microsoft Word as SAPscript Editor".

If you do not want to use "Microsoft Word as SAPscript Editor", before editing the long text, you must either adjust the language settings of your operating system to the characters used or use the "line editor" (select the option for changing or setting up the editor in the menu).

Ask your support team to implement the above mention note. Then try.

Edward

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Edward

you highlighted the topic which I believe is the isse of Sruthi. And: you showed the issue behind it use of the "editors". I can 100% confirm your explanations. from point of view of using EHS classic; i know this effect as well very well . It is stupid and it is not easy to deal with it.

Any body: pay attention. This effect is related to anything ! which can have a "long text". Please check: . In former times this effect was crazy (and might be still crazy). Using higher SAP releases there are now only "two editors" available. In older releases there have been three,etc. (and in very old one once again only two).

Proposal for dealing with the issue: first step might be: use a "full phrase export". Then try to adapt the texts out side of SAP and then use a "full" phrase import.

Even considring the new editors I am not sure If I am am really happy (please check the document as mentioned) as you might get a lot of problems here if you do not pay attention. For thos of you who might hvae the need to import e.gf. specification data rphrase data: this type of effect can "distroy" your nice project plan and increases efforts/costs and time need to get ready

C.B.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think you want develop and study more in SAP EHS. Before command , read the sap provided solution

Edward

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Edward

it seems to be that you have had a lot of fun  as well with the PC Editor? I will add reference of the OSS note mentioned by you (Note 742662) in my document  Thanks.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi !

This is a common issue when you use Asian languages & some eurpoean languages. I also faced the same issue earlier then created a document for that. Please make use of that, if you still have issue unsolved, post a reply. (Just go through the FONTS section in WWI.INI & choose the right font family & format your symbol in that particular font).

Regards

Subash Sankar

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sruthi,

While creating a template, try to use language related repeating group of type G.

Format the font of the symbol using times new roman and check as few fonts like calibri will not reflect the actual font expected in japanese or chinese.

Maintain the language- region data in generation variant also in validity areas.

Please use the latest WWI pack version, i believe it is 32. Also check ur wwi.ini file in FONTS sections.

When u try to print the Japanese font, ensure u have MS Gothic font installed and change the symbol font to this type and test.

Regards

Dhinesh