cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report Java Beans Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Bach Ong. I.m currently migrating Crystal reports 10 to Crystal reports 2008 using Java Beans Connectivity. Using ResultSet as dataset. all results are return alright, EXCEPT for string type fields. The data for STRING type fields are some how suppressed. But if i executed the beans within eclipse the the string field is populated with data.

can someone assist me with this issue.

Thanks

Bach Ong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are using Service Pack 6 for CR 2008:

SP 6:

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/098c9a21-c9be-41c2-b218-b16c5457331c/

Enable the "Verify on 1st refresh" option.

If you create a new report, do the string fields show up?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Do you have another suggestion, i've installed SP6. the outcome is still the same. But the with Esclipse  i can call the beans and display the string field with the exact criteria as during running CR 2008.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't as I normally don't work with Java or Java Beans connectivity. But I've sent out a request for help from a few coworkers. Keep your fingers crossed

- Ludek

former_member203619
Contributor
0 Kudos

Some suggestions I would give for this are:

1. It may be a fault with the data itself.  Specifically, if you have a string field that contains invalid or null data (Instead of an empty string), it may be causing an error to be thrown when the report engine tries to process the string fields - and it thus fails on all string fields.

So please try this with some data where all fields contain valid non-null, non-empty data and see if it works.

2. One of the difficulties with javabeans is that they don't give proper error messages.  However, there is a way to kick off the javabean java process in the crystal report designer which allows you to debug your javabean inside the report designer.  I have attached a sample that shows how to do that - and that should get you the real error message of what is going wrong.

Note: Due to the way these forums work - it will only let me attach a file if it is named with the .txt extension.  You will need to extract the txt file and then rename it to .zip (annoying I know).

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek. Fingers Cross..

Answers (0)