cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of ESS & MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have configured ESS & MSS in my portal 7.4 and ECC 6.0 EHP 6.0 and i am able to preview the iview under the portal content i am able to load the ESS screen.

Now my requirement is i don't want all the standard iviews of ESS & MSS , i want to create a customized role in my portal and i want to paste only some standard iviews.

But,in the portal content i can see only "overview" iview.

Can anyone  tell me how to do the same???

Regards

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check below:-

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you just have to change the ESS menu.

In ECC side, run the T-code LPD_CUST

Role ESS

Instance MENU

Double click on ESS

Here you move all the applications to Inactive folder which you don't want display for users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to configure a Launchpad that meets your requirements. See SAP KBA 1943809 for instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samuli,

Thanks for the reply.

I have followed the note SAP KBA 1943809 and created the new launchpad.

1.How can i assign ZESS role in the portal.

Do i need to assign the standard portal role which is inside the portal content or any other way???

Please correct me if i am wrong........

2.In future we have a requirement to add some customized iview to the that role, how can i add them???

Regards,

Avinash

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.How can i assign ZESS role in the portal.

This can  be done in two ways.

1) You have to follow the steps Assign the custom Launchpad to FPM  steps in note 1943809

2) You can implement BADI HRESS_MENU for pointing to your custom ZESS role.

2.In future we have a requirement to add some customized iview to the that role, how can i add them???

Directly you can create applications in side this role where ever you want to display under those folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shanker,

I have followed the Assign the custom Launchpad to FPM .

My Question is how can i see the or view the iviews in my portal???

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like what type of role i should use to get the standard iviews into my portal.

wheather i have to Freestyle role or Role from backend after assinging the custom lunchpad to FPM ???

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just have to assign the backend role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 if it EHP6.

This role will be available based on your SAP version, check SAP*EMPLOYEE*ESS*WDA* it will list out the roles which are available in your system.

In ESS you have already assigned the ESS WDABAP role

And the ESS menu which you created custom if it's assigned to FPM application as per that note then automatically it will display in portal side as your seeing in portal in ESS role same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker,

I am using the EHP 6 version.when i try to create the backend role i am getting the follwoing roles

Can you please tell me difference between SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 and SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 before i assign the role??

Regards,

Avinash

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In EHP5, SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 role exists

In EHP6, new role is SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2  this one is replaced in the place of SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 role in EHP6.

But both roles will show in EHP6.

Use the SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As described in the SAP note you create a WD application configuration and a WD component configuration where you reference the new launchpad. Then in the iView parameters you specify the new WD application configuration instead of the standard one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shanker,

I have created the new launchpad using lpd_cust.After that when i try to assign the launchpad to the FPM i am getting the following error.

When i click on start configurator i am getting the issue.

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue???

Regards,

Avinash

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you trying to do in QAS system. Since url shows that QA.

Any how it's because of missing parameters in profile setup. Ask your basis team to maintain the FQDN parameters in profile parameters in ECC side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the reply.

With the help of basis team i have fixed the issue.

But i got struck up with another issue, After clicking on Startconfigurator i am getting the below screen

When i click on the HRESS_CC_MENU_GROUP, its asking for the acces key

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, directly you can't modify the standard application. You need to create enhancement to this standard application.

In simple way you just create enhancement in class CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU

for Method IF_FPM_GUIBB_LAUNCHPAD~OVERWRITE_LAUNCHPAD_KEY

pass your custom role name to iv_role parameter in this method.

iv_role = 'ZESS'.

Take some technical consultant help.

And close this thread  and post your new queries in new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I am also facing the same problem with access key where exactly i can find the class CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU and how can i create the enhancement.

Regards,

Devi