Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explorer 4.1 Date format Issue vs 3.2

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Information Space not showing right Date

It seems we have time stamp issue. The following steps will describe
the issue. We have Explorer 3.2 on BWA blade which is Currently Live.  The Data Source Date and Indexed information
space seems to show correct date as shown below. The planned start date is
01/02/2014 12:00:00 AM and it is showing correctly.

Data Source:

The Issue

Now we have deployed 4.1 SP2 BOE and Explorer and migrated
all information spaces on windows 64 bit based system.

After indexing same information space on new landscape, We
are seeing little bit of difference and that seems to be time stamp issue on
server. The date is 01/01/2014 7:00:00PM which should be 01/02/2014 according
to source

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I believe this is a bug in the new release as I have seen this issue reported by others. The issue is there with universe based source too, in which case I have been forcing the date object to Character. Could you log an incident with SAP for this problem.

Thanks, G.

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

I OSS it and they told me about this 1988033KB,, but I dont know what do they mean by wrong time stamp . The follwing is copied from that KB...

"

Date type of facet displays incorrect timestamp (for example: 3/3/1955 4:00:00

PM, 7/2/1967 5:00:00 PM).

"

But if yo ulook at my issue, it seems it is working fine in 3.2 BWA based ( from Unv) and in 4.1 SP2 ,,it is showing 5 hours behind which i think has to do ,,i repeat i think has to do with GMT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so it looks like this will be fixed in SP04.

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

What is wrong in their KB when they use example of timestamps,, is that first date suppose to show up and sencond dates shows up,,, I am trying to understnad this so i could relate itwith my issue.

KB1988033 Says

"Date type of facet displays incorrect timestamp (for example: 3/3/1955 4:00:00

PM, 7/2/1967 5:00:00 PM)."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

unfortunately that last statement in the KB is badly worded, basically they are examples of what the facet can display, 3/3/1955 4:00:00 or  7/2/1967 5:00:00 PM meaning that in certain scenarios (probably due to DST) the time stamp will show 8 hours or 7 hours earlier respectively.

It does not mean that it shows 3/3/1955 4:00:00 PM when we expect 7/2/1967 5:00:00 PM not at all, they are just two independent examples to show time stamp deviation from what it's supposed to show 3/4/1955 12:00:00 AM and 7/3/1967 12:00:00 AM.

George

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,, so if it somes in SP4, We will need to do BOE SP4 first and then Explroer SP4 correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you will need to install BI Enterprise SP4 then Explorer SP4.

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Your help would be apprecaited. as you see i am getting date as 1/2/2014 12:00:00:00. It is UNV. CAn i sue some formula to jsut show 1/2/2014 and not timestamp.  I tried changing data type to sting it came like 20140102. I dont mind if i could substring it or original... looking for some code that i could use substring it only date part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,
on mine after changing to Character I don't see the time stamp anymore and yes the format changes to yyyymmdd. Can you show screenshot of your facet display.

Regards,
George

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i also get yyyymmdd after changing type to character.  Can we change this to mmddyyyy or mm/dd/yyyy.  Or can we use some function in expression to remove timestamp?

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

This second column needs some help,, If i could do some change in expression in unv,, tihs can be accomplished but i dont have much knowledge there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faisal,
you can try to right click on the object in universe and select Object Format..., but since we converted to Character the formatting may not apply.

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George

I have tried formatting both orignal type ( Date ) and made a copy and changed to Character type. Object formatting does not work for either of them. It seems Explorer gets thourgh universe irrespective of object formatting,,so if i could change in expression, it might honor that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,
for me I can change the format of the object if it's a date but not if it's set to Character.

I'm on 4.1 SP03.
But even if you change the date format it will still show 1 day early until we get the fix.

George

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

If it is some easy fix,, I wish if they could give us instructions to deply and we could decomission 3.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,
is this the only issue you have holding your migration? Any chance you can just use the Char workaround for now given that the display is not exactly what you want.

George

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortuantely Yes,, Busienss wants some that amkes sense,, We changed to character format ,,it comes up like 20120201,, They asked if we could atleast do 2012/02/01 or 02/01/2012.

I dont know how to do that,,,,in universe,, that is why i was looking for expression or some early fix instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let me discuss this with Development to see how involved this fix is and if we can deliver earlier than SP04.

Will let you know.

George

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George, So SP4 is out , but I found KB that talks about this ADAPT and seems issue is goign to be fixed in SP5.  Ithink SP comes out after 3 months i believe.