cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timewindow defining with start and end date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a timewindow which is opened from first day of month to U+3 with all holidays and weekend between.

U+3 is the third workday in month considering german holidays.

Is it possible to define a timewindow with start and end date?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Dana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a workaround with a small bug I created a timewindow with 3 elements:

• Saturday from the 5th to the last day of month
  • Sunday from the 6th to the last day of the month
  • Monday to Friday from the 4th to the last day of the month but Disabled during time window "U1_TO_U3" (the Ultimo-days for Germany are defined in this timewindow)

So the timewindow is closed from the first day of month to the 3 workday of the month in german calendar.

A problem I have with the Easter holiday. The 6th April 2015 should also be excluded in my timewindow but it isn't.

Best regards

Dana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

Sorry, I did not get back on this .... been busy

Here you can simply wrap this in another time window, enabled during "your current time window" disabled during "public holidays".

Hope that helps,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HP,

that is not a solution. If I do it in this way, all public holidays will be disabled, also after U+3.

Best regards

Dana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dana,

Is it correct to assume that you want the Time window to be open for the first day of the month to 3rd working day of the month?

For example, the time window will be open from May 1st, 2014 to May 5th, 2014.

In this case,

1. Create a time window and check the option is a calendar
  2. Create an element to start from 1st day of the month to 3rd working day of the month.
  3. Disable it during the System_DE_PublicHolidays (I think that timewindow is open during German public holidays, if not which ever time window suits you)

I have attached a screenshot for your reference. You can cross-check the time window in "Opens at" tab.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

the problem is that in your example the 3rd workday should not be the 5th of May.

1st workday = 4th of May (1st of May is a holiday and 2nd and 3rd of May is weekend)

2nd workday = 5th of May

3rd workday = 6th of May

So the timewindow should be opened from 1st of May to 6th of May.

Thats why it is a problem to create the timewindow with the CPS-function "to xx workday".

I created a timewindow with the 3rd german working day every month and tried to use period function but it didn't work.

Best regards

Dana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets try this,

You are creating three calendars.

1. A calendar that has all days open except German holidays

2. A calendar that is open for the working days in previous calendar - in elements 1 day of the month to 3rd workday of the month (didn't include screenshot)

3. final calendar - two elements, one element for 1st working day, as the previous calendar doesn't have that.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

I cannot create the second calendar. The 6th of May is not opened.

Do I have an error in reasoning?

Best regards

Dana Ullrich

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, i gave wrong screenshot for second calendar.Please follow the below and shift the day forward by 5 in first calendar

thanks

Nanda

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dana, Hello Nanda,

Please see the example for time window shifting (skipping holidays):

http://<server>:<port>/scheduler/help/user_guide/schedules/time_windows/time_windows_shift.html

Now, I am sorry, the example in the documentation uses the French holiday calendar ;-), and, that is easy to change. The example uses an SAP factory calendar via a period function in one time window, but you can use an ordinary time window that is open on workdays (excluding public holidays) instead.

Regards,

HP

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but i think, Dana wants the Time window to be open during holidays too.

Am i correct to assume that ?

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

unfortunately this is only a solution for May 2014. Please have a look into October 2014. There the holiday (3rd of October) only have to be shifted 3 days.

Best regards

Dana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need the period from first day of month to the 3rd workday. The 3rd workday I define with the method desribed on the linked page.

But how can I efine the period from first calendar day to the defined 3rd workday?

Best regards

Dana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

The following code illustrates the possibilities, where _ is a weekend day or public holiday and X is a workday - my postulate is the longest possible weekend/public holiday period is three days long, maybe Easter is a problem Good Friday & Easter Monday for you, let me know:

a. ___XXX

b. __XXX

c. _XXX

d. X_XX

e. X__XX

f. X___XX

g. XX__X

h. XX___X

i. XXX

Now we have integrated support for first, second, and third day of the month, first, second, third workday of the month (non-weekend day, non-public holiday, for the 2nd workday, we shift 2 days instead of the 3 in the example, likewise for first, we shift 1 day), the only problem I see is, if the 4th day of a month is a public holiday/weekend day and the third workday (excl weekends and public holidays) falls on the 5th (g.), f. (2nd, 3rd, 4th day are public holidays/weekend days, here 4th is a problem) and h. (3rd, 4th, and 5th day are public holidays/weekend days).

We can create a time window that's open on the 3rd,  checks if it's a public holiday/weekend day and shift to the 4th day and a second time window that uses this first one and checks to see if it also falls on a public holiday/weekend day, then shift one day more.

This is all pretty complex, I will come up with a time window combination after work ... my boss will kill me if I make this during work hours ... ;-), unless I can find a use for it internally, which I cannot for now.

Just my thoughts, try and build on that.

Regards,

HP