cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS: Creation of build location fails for Standalone Development Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have an issue during setup of a Standalone development configuration in NWDI with CM Services. During saving the following error occurs:

"Unable to save development configuration: Unable to create build location "SPO" on build tool "http://qpmr-nw01.sap:50000" using user "NWDI_CMSADM" [DICONF_CREATEBUILDLOCATION]: CBS Server Error: Internal server error( internal code: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR)"

The trace logs contains additionally the following errors:

"FAILURE to unset the owner-buildspace property on workspaces for buildspace: SPO caused due to an exception. Invalid cookie domain .sap. This may cause problems during future creation of buildspaces for the workspaces associated with this buildspace. Manual unset may be required."

"Unable to create build location "SPO" on build tool "http://qpmr-nw01.sap:50000" using user "NWDI_CMSADM" [DICONF_CREATEBUILDLOCATION]: CBS Server Error: Internal server error( internal code: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR)
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.di.cts.config.service.core.exception.DIConfCreateBuildlocationException: Unable to create build location "SPO" on build tool "http://qpmr-nw01.sap:50000" using user "NWDI_CMSADM" [DICONF_CREATEBUILDLOCATION]: CBS Server Error: Internal server error( internal code: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR) "

Does this have something to do with our domain name which ends with .sap?

Thanks and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

are the buildspaces there already? Could you please check in the CBS' Buildspaces view?

If yes, could you please make an attempt to reset it?

(NWDI)(CBS) How to "reset" CBS buildspaces - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SC...

Cheers.

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

No there are no buildspaces yet. CBS is empty so far.

Best Regards

Harald

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that is what I was afraid of.

Let's try something else.

Surely the problem seems to be related to the domain that is using the string "sap".

Or at least this is what I can also see in the error message :Invalid cookie domain .sap.

Can you please try with IP ? Go to CMS Track Data, and specify the CBS and DTR URLs via IP.

Does this help?

Cheers,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

That worked! I already tried id with the IP address, but only for CBS not also for DTR. But now I was able to save the development configuration. Sometimes it helps to just speak about it ;-).

Thanks a lot again!

Best Regards

Harald

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I am glad I could help. To be fair, it was a developer colleague of mine (Thanks @Daniel) 😉

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One addition: though it works now, it'd be ideal if it would use not IPs. Perhaps you can convince your basis team to think what they can do with the currently used URL that includes .sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I will do that. Is anyway a strange URL...

Answers (0)