SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module to create combination order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are implementing with IS Mill combination order functionality. We wanted to create combination order when a set of original orders are CIFed from APO. The original orders to be combined will be identified using a unique key (We plan to use a unused field in order for that).

How can we achieve this. Can we trigger an exit in CIF on ECC side and call a function module or BAPI to create combination order?. If yes. Which BAPI should we use to create combination order.

Thanks in advance

Prathib

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

Unfortunatley there is no BAPI available to create a combined order.

Furthermore I want to point you to SAP Note 1820289 which clearly states that Order Combination for APO planned material is not supported.

I would rather recomment to explore the option to create a trim order (also an order type which is specific to DIMP) instead of a combined order.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan.

I know APO doesnt support combination order. My idea was to create this through a user exit in ECC side of CIF by some logic.

I think function modules are available to create this but dont know which one will be the best suite.

Thanks

Prathib