cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Alternate Causes of PS 30009 error

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working with Explorer 4.1 SP1 in a clustered and distributed environment. 

Cluster info is set on Explorer Master Servers

Request Ports are specified to known open ports on all Explorer Servers

Indexing location is set to a common share where folders for each servers indexes can be created

Xmx is increased to allow for more java heap space

plenty of space available in the share

SAP Notes specific to error reviewed and conditions met

What are some potential issues that could cause this error that may be over looked in a distributed environment?

The solution is working with the same configuration in a two node DEV environment.  The only differences are that the Tomcat servers are split off and Explorer servers are spread out across distributed nodes.

Any docs specific to Explorer Config in a distributed environment beyond the Admin and Install guide that may provide some more insight?

It really has me baffled as I have done this in multiple environments and rarely had any trouble...even against SAP BW and HANA sources.  This one is strictly RDBMS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

First I should tell you that you it would be a good idea to move to at least SP02 or SP03, there are some fixes related to Explorer clustering, mostly on SP02 and a couple on SP03.

Can you give us a bit more info on the workflow and also your environment.

1. How many Explorer nodes do you have, are they standalone or there are other BI services running on Explorer hosts?

2. IP bind each Explorer server to it's own host IP in CMC.

3. Turn off IPv6 on all hosts.

4. Add IP/short name/ FQDN for the CMS and Tomcat hosts on each of the Explorer node hosts file and the Explorer IP/short name/FQDN of Explorer hosts in the Tomcat hosts file.

5. Shut down all but one Explorer node and check them each on their own.

6. Is multicast enabled on your network and are ports 5701 to 570x open where x is the number of Master servers.

7. Make sure that each Explorer patch level matches the BI Enterprise patch level in Control Panel if windows or run the modifyOrRemoveProducts script to check if *nix servers.

George

Answers (0)