Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of Search help for location field in report incident

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have added new fields Region,BSA in the report incident form .here based on the region entered in the search help the corresponding bsa have to be displayed in the search help of BSA .these are achieved customising  the search help exit FM    EHFND_SHLP_EXIT_F4_BOBF_QUERY.

similarly based on the BSA entered in the BSA field Location field search help should filter the values and display .the isues here are

1. the location field and search help attached are standard and they are being used in many instances .

2.when i click on the f4 help the control doesnt stop any where in the feeder class CL_EHHSS_INC_Q_LOC_UI_FRM of the form  though i put the breakpoints .ie the event on enter locid is not getting triggered.

my question is where can i write the code to filter the values being displayed in the location search help.

Thanks&Regards

Luxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luxmi,

Dictionary-based search helps are triggered from directly within the WDA layer. Therefore, there is no callback from the FPM event loop. The filter would need to be implemented as an implicit enhancement of the aforementioned search help exit function.

Thanks,

James

former_member203480
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot james the problem is solved I passed the custom  search help at run time.i awarded points for you.

regards

luxmi

Answers (0)