cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help in Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed a flavor for PA40. The entire PA40 is covered in 3 screens for Hire & Rehire actions. We have pulled data from different screens, however, our challenge is to provide user with F4 help for fields that moved from their original screen. Is there a way? I read Tamas's blog about this, but we don't want to to do anything that will involve enhancement to standard transactions.

I could think of two options. First is a WebRFC call, but I suspected that calling a screen won't work, and indeed I am getting error.

Second option is creating a Z transaction that will accept field name and call search help for the same. Then generate a url for this transaction, and pass field name and ok code. Using JS window.open, I can open a window. The question is, how to collect the selection back to Personas.

Any help, tips, guidance is much appreciated.

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

sorry to hijack this post, but I am developing a flavor for PA40 myself and wondered if you had any tips on how to achieve this that you could share with me?

regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayner,

You are most welcome.

Unfortunately I could not resolve the issue, so we have dropdowns with static value and we regularly keep a check if there is any discrepancy.

I developed a Z t-code where I first called

FM to read DDIC table level help, if that fails, read Domain level help, if both fails naturally you can't do anything. However, if any one works you get the list.

There are two problems.

1. You have no control on Search help. Like this method returned list of all PERNR. Ni choice of search by Last Name  etc.

2.I called this Z transaction as a web transaction and passed field name needing F4 help as a parameter. This transaction appeared as a pop-up. But you cannot force user to read value from that ONLY. Also there is no way to ensure, whatever user selects will return to Personas.

So I left it there. Now I am planning to implement same design through HTML, JS and WS. It won't be very flexible but perhaps it might be useful.The idea is, call a modal window from Personas. This window will have a webpage that will accept Search Help name from Personas an then will call a Z web service which will return the output of SH. The page will then write the output as a table and when user clicks on a value, it will go back to parent control.

Now all this is @ conceptual level. I don't know how much of it will work in Personas.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Abhijit