cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Role "SAP_QAP_BW_DASHBOARDS" Unavailable in ECC System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

We are trying to Implement Embedded Analytics in our R3 system, from the SAP documentation I came to know that in order to execute the standard Reports/Dashboards as a pre-requisite we need to have the role "SAP_QAP_BW_DASHBOARDS" assigned to user. but we are unable to find the mentioned standard role in our system.

We have already raised an OSS message but it is also of not much help.

we are at SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 6.

Any help/comment would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also got a reply from SAP saying

"The role SAP_QAP_BW_DASHBOARDS was never delivered (and it was not

planned to be delivered, too). This role was just meant for SAP

internal usage during dashboard development. Thus, the documentation

which states that you should assign this role to your users for

dashboard usage is incorrect."

and they suggested we shall create our roles on our own based on our business need, for example how the roles shall look like they have created a note "2001264" where its clearly mentioned how to create the role.

Hope this help to anyone else having the same problem.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf/Neeraj,

I have created the role in BW, I have activated the entire data flow from the dashboards.

The query which feeds the data to dashboards seems to be ok, i executed the query and it displayed the data too. But confused to proceed from here.

How to publish the dashboards from SAP BI to BOE, kindly help me on this!!!

--SumanT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have an "incident" open on that since mid February... we got a reply saying that they basically have no time to look into it?!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not good; have you taken it to the SAP Account Executive?  Maybe engage SAP support (sapsupportcx at sap.com)?

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Tammy,

I'm "just" a consultant... I have passed this on to the clients IT management (and just reminded them of this again, as well of a couple of other "open" incidents). It's up to them to call their SAP Account Executive(s).

Kind regards,

Raf

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just got word from SAP that this role was never delivered and the documentation is wrong

there's an OSS note 2001264 which contains more info (and the necessary steps to take to be able to call the dashboards)

(I'll implement it this afternoon... have another non-work related appointment this morning)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Let me know the outcome, eagerly waiting for you reply.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Suman,

just check that OSS note (2001264)... it basically tells you to create that role by yourself

Cheers,

Raf

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked my ehp 6 system and can't locate this role either.  This has to come from SAP especially if it is in the documentation.

If SAP / OSS is not moving, perhaps contact SAP Support at sapsupportcx@sap.com to see about escalating your message.