Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assiging custom launchpad to FPM

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created the new launchpad (using lpd_cust) and i have copied some standard ESS/MSS  applications into the new created folder.

I have followed the SAP KBA 1943809 to do the above, and when i try to Assign the launch pad to FPM its showing below

In Se80-->FPM_LAUNCHPAD_UIBB-->HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP-->‘Start Configurator-->then selected the HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP

Then changed the role property of Role from ESS to ZESS

Then when i click on save i am getting the following pop-up

Can i neglet the above error or i need to do anything else, please can any one help on this???

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil ,

it is not error it is the screen where you have to give and  select New transport request option and give the package name over there which you are using like you have customised the ESS to ZESS so you have to save that customised one in that request , so do as i mentioned

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi malyadri,

thanks for reply.I can some doubts

1.Can i give my own package name and click on ok or i have to give any standard pack?

2.After clicking on save,if i assign SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 in portal using user admin, only the  application which i have added to the ZESS role only will display right??

Please correct me if i am wrong...

Regards,
Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.... the ZESS role services which you have copied  will only display as you said in portal and you give your own package name like ZHR like that from SE80 and check in portal once

After clicking on save,if i assign SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 in portal using user admin

the above you have to give in su01 in R3 side (this role--SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_2 ) not in portal using user admin in portal you will give ESS and MSS roles for the users in portal using user administration...any other kindly ask again ...

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malyadri,

Thanks for the help.

As you suggested i have created a new package using se80 and i have saved using the new Transport Request.

If i assingn the ZESS role in R/3 using su01 how can i view the ZESS role in my Portal???

Regards,

Anil

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you assign at application level that's enough. It will replicate automatically.

no need of assigning in su01.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shankar,

I dont have much knowledge in WDA, basically i am WDJ &Portal adminstrator.

Can you please tell me detail way, how to assign the ZESS role in the Application level???

And after Assiging the role in the application level, i have to get that role in the portal using "Role from backend " right???

Regards,
Anil

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally you can assign your custom ESS menu role in 2 ways.

1) At application level you can assign by doing enhancment to standard

2) At class level you can write 1 line of code by doing enhancement which easy to do any further validations in future to replicate differnet custom ESS menu for different group of employees.

Follow below steps for 2nd option

1) Run T-code SE24

2) Specify object type CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU and click on Display button

3) Double click on method IF_FPM_GUIBB_LAUNCHPAD~OVERWRITE_LAUNCHPAD_KEY

4) Click on Enhance button

5) Right click and click the option Show Implicit Enhancement Option as showed below screen shot

6) It will display the options to create implementation i.e ==========

Right click on this symbol line and select the Create Implemention option

7) Click on Code button

😎 Spcify name of the enhancment and short text ex: ZHRESS_MENU

9) And write below single line of code, save and activate it.

iv_role = 'ZESS'.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the help.As you suggested i have assigned the custom ESS role.

How can i view the iviews inside the custom ESS role inside the portal??

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In regards to the WD ABAP ESS role the required applications to be displayed under ESS role can be controlled from the launchpad configuration and also the end user changes such the change in the screen level could be done with the help of FPM configuration concept where the Application Configuration and the Component Configuration is been used.

Where as in the Java versions it was done through the portal settings where in the particular Iview the changes where done and the same gets reflected to all the employees possessing the role.

The above explanation is basically to differentiate the WD Java and WD ABAP based applications. But coming to your question Navigate to the Content Administration ->Portal Content Management->Content Provided by SAP -> End User Content->Employee Self Services Web Dynpro ABAP ->Role->Employee Self-Service.

Regards,

Mithun K

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Yes,i have seen Employee-Self_Service role in portal content.My question is when i try to assign that role to the particular user in EP I am unable to see in the user administration

I have copied the standard role and copied to custom folder .But still unable to view the role in the user admin .

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

that role is not visible in user admin , and more over it is very simple to assign your custom launchpad to portal ...check below once again

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In portal it wont display, since your using WDABAP applications from LPD_CUST role.

You just assign the Employee Self Service WDABAP role to your user id in User Administration tab in portal side

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil ,

I will tell you entire process...........I like to educate people toooooo much.....

HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP ...don't copy this use it standard one only  for this which launchpad is assigned it will display in portal ..what else you wanna ask here ....

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In simple way you just create enhancement in class CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU

for Method IF_FPM_GUIBB_LAUNCHPAD~OVERWRITE_LAUNCHPAD_KEY

pass your custom role name to iv_role parameter in this method.

iv_role = 'ZESS'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two things you keep in mind.

1. You should not change the SAP standard component configuration, best practice is to copy the component configuration 'HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP' in to a Z config like 'ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP' and then update the relevant role and instance.

2. The role ZESS and instance MENU are part of LPD only and these are not the security (PFCG)roles .

See below example screen which explains the mechanism. Hope this helps.

Cheers

SP

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Can you please tell me the process of creating the copy of HRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP like ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP??

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I normally don't like to educate people on the technical process here. There are wikis which describes the process.

Thanks

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

To make a copy of the standard Component you need to access with ABAP user Id where you must have development license & access keys to make any changes. But still here is the process overview

Goto SE80:

Provide webdynpro Comp : FPM_LAUNCHPAD_UIBB

now click on copy & change the config Id as ZHRESS_CC_MENU_AREA_GROUP

Now click on change after copying, so we can see the following screen

this is how we do it

Hope this Info will be Useful

Cheers

Pradyp