Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talent Management & Other Modules of HR

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the significance of Talent what special areas to be captured.

Is Talanemt Management only a combination of Personnel Dev,Training & Dev,Succession planning being in
E-recruitment or Its a different module altogether.

if a client all has Performance Management, T&D,Appraisal then talaent Management implementation is going to be ontop of this or its a different module which needs diferent configuration.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

As per the recent developments client is looking out for extensive BI reporting  on Performances along with BI Dashboards, As they want to put BI on ECC 6/7 HR.

Does SuccessFactors has any compatibility for BI reporting or SuccessFactors intergartion posible with BI.

Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SuccessFactors has a solution called Workforce Analytics, which has over 2,000 predefined KPIs. It is vendor agnostic so can integrate with other data sources and data warehouses, including BI.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

1/ Would like to requset you to provide me which are the powerful modules in SF Talent Mangement those are stronger than the conventional ECC that i can suggesst to the client.

2/ What are the major differences in SF Talent Mgmt & LSO.

3 How effective is SF recruitment comparing to SAP E-rec.

3/ To have SF Talent Mgmt which modules the client has to go for in SF.

4/ What are the licensing cost involved in SF Talent Management & LSO.

As i said at 1st it would be OM,PA,TM,PY & ESS/MSS on premise ECC 6/7.

If you could provide me some link for reference along with 1liner answers then that would really help me in understanding.

Please guide me.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1/ All of the SuccessFactors talent modules are superior to the on-premise equivalent, with maybe Compensation being one exception. ECM is a very comprehensive module if you are using EhP5 or above.

2/ SuccessFactors Learning and SAP LSO are quite different solutions. I would maybe see if Former Member can help.

3/ The client can go for any SuccessFactors modules that they want (e.g. they could just use Performance & Goals or they could use all of them) - it's their choice.

4/ Your client would need to speak to their SAP account executive

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you very much for the information.

I would request you to please guide me a bit on the following.

Which ia a better option for Talent management: SuccessFactors or LSO.

I mean client alraedy going for OM,PA,TM,PY,ESS/MSS in such a situation & their inclination is more towards tracking the perfomances,KPIs & the rewards,recognation process.

Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SuccessFactors is most likely the best option from a functionality perspective and your client should evaluate SuccessFactors HCM suite before looking at on-premise Talent Management.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Holistically, Talent Management includes:

• Performance management
  • Goal management
  • Compensation management
  • Recruiting
  • Learning
  • Succession planning
  • Career development planning
  • Onboarding

From a technical perspective, it depends on your SAP version. From ECC6 EhP4 succession planning is no longer part of E-Recruiting. Training & Development has been replaced by SAP Learning Solution (LSO) some time ago.

SAP's strategy is to use SuccessFactors HCM suite for talent management instead of SAP ERP HCM.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you very much for the detailed info.

If the client doesnt have any plans for LSO or Success Factors in near future at the same time going for EHP-6/7 on HANA what are the possibility.

Is there any chance of using the conventional  E-Recruiting. Training & Development on EHP-6/7.

Please guide

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP LSO is part of SAP ECC6 and is included in EhP6 and EhP7. Training and Development is old functionality.