cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas: Inssue with Merging Master Data Tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue with merging the tabs in Master Data using SAP Screen Personas. I'm creating the flavor for Customer Master. I successfully merged the tabs as well but the issue is when I execute the txn,until I populate the field in Country other fields don't appear. and In company code data, I have merged Recon Acct, Payment transaction & correspondence tabs. Again First I have to populate the Recon Acc, unti then other fields do appear.

I would really appreciate the help.

thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the above case, keep the first pop-up as it is. Create a tab merge for the remaining fields. If you consider the transaction, that is how it is designed. So pass the expected or required field values through first standard pop-up, and tab mix the rest.

I have been working for Personas for some time, and I definitely think that the best win is not "automating" everything but making it "more efficient and smooth" user experience. In above cases, reducing the navigation between tabs and several fields is real "win" and not eliminating the first pop-up. Although just sharing my views...you know best about the requirement..

Of course we can use it for automation, and that may be too much in some cases.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

There seems to be some type of dependency on country and Recon account field. Try passing these two fields while you fetch the data. If you want to display all the data while executing the transaction, pass them through a script and you should see everything. However, I suspect whether these two fields will have constant values in many cases.

Regards

Abhi

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

We're facing the same exact issue. Essentially all mandatory fields on tab 1 (e.g. Company Code/Account Management) must be populated before any fields from another tab (e.g. Payment Transactions) can be rendered. Scripting won't help because it only populates the fields from tab1 and if you try to populate fields from the other tabs in the same script, you'll get an error as those controls have not yet been rendered. We tried several things such as scripting an "Enter" key press after the first tab fields are populated hoping that this would display the fields from the other tab and make them available for entry but to no avail.

Also, once you've enter fields that would normally be on subsequent tabs and try to make changes to the fields normally on preceding tabs, the search helps for those preceding tab fields do not match the original field. For instance the recon account search help displays the dunning procedure dropdown. It's as if the controls were not "known" to the screen or Personas at that stage.

The only way I can think of right now would be to change the configuration and set all fields to optional and then make some of them mandatory in Personas. This is not a valid option though because some users need to use the Basic View flavor for XD01 or more importantly XD01 via SAP GUI and in this case any data validations would simply be non-existent.