cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned/Production order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My objective is to have separate production order for customer order and separate production order for stock transfer requests.

For all the customer orders that are serviced directly under the production plant, I would like to create one production order. And for all the stock transfer orders, I would like to create a separate production order.

Example: I have Periodic lot size (of 1 week). Assume that there is sales order of 10 pieces each day and for a week the sales orders sum up to 50 pcs. And there is a stock transfer requisition for 25 pieces. Now I would like to see one production order (or planned order) of 50 pieces and another production order (or planned order) for 25 pieces.

Is this possible to achieve via Standard PP/DS heuristics? Or how are you achieving this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No suitable solution found. A development is required as per this post.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Surely there is no standard settings to achieve this.

But yes with heuristic you might be able to achieve this as both the requirements has different categories so you might be able to put your logic so create separate orders for them. Work with developer.

One more suggestion i would like to give.. make the fixed pegging after the order creation.. else with dynamic pegging your development would be a waste.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Thanks for your reply. But with this solution, we will totally be losing the advantage of dynamic pegging

Also, this has complexities incorporating the Interchangeability process (a replaced part's requirement to be considered as well. A comprehensive development).

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

which  advantages of Dynamic pegging you will be losing? can you elaborate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I prefer keeping Dynamic Pegging, as it is more suited for Make-To-Stock business. Note 393437 pegging in apo background explains about the comparison between Fixed and Dynamic pegging. Currently am using Dynamic Pegging with FIFO logic.

One single production order is pegged to Stock Transfer Requisition. And the rest of the customer orders or dependent requirements are pegged to the another production order. So, in case if any of the sales order is cancelled, then dynamic pegging allows satisfying the sales orders tied up to this production order. In this way, the planners/users will have more clarity and transparency in the process.

Thanks,

Suresh